ADVERTISEMENT

Them gals

Before it's all said and done. A Patty statue would be appropriate. 😁
I like the Heisman statues. I believe though we need four/five more. Benny, Bud, Barry and Bob in football as OU is the only major program that has 4 coaches winning over 100 games during their tenure at OU. If Patty wins another natty and retires she deserves one. But I hope she hangs around a few more years.

I like the Heisman statues. I believe though we need four/five more. Benny, Bud, Barry and Bob in football as OU is the only major program that has 4 coaches winning over 100 games during their tenure at OU. If Patty wins another natty and retires she deserves one. But I hope she hangs around a few more years.
Bob Kalsu and Prentice Gautt should be the next two statues at Owen Field.

Last edited:
Reactions: iasooner2000
Softball related...having the POTY winners with a statue would be pretty badass for softball as well. We'd have 4 statues to build, with another likely coming from this year. JS, make it like Heisman Park. Would make recruiting THAT much easier for softball.

Reactions: LAY THE WOODY
PG has more than earned the statue but the question is will OU do it since its not Football? We all know and love OU FB and it is the staple mark of OU, but PG has built a small dynasty. They should honor her with one now.

No single coach has more NC at OU than she does. College softball is gaining momentum and she is a big reason why. Her impact has been huge.

Last edited:
I thought Brito might have been the MVP. It would have been justice after she was omitted from the first or second teams of the All Conference list. Absolutely ridiculous.
Their all great in my opinion. When I suggested Bahl should have been the MVP, I was talking about the last game against texsux.

Reactions: iasooner2000
I knl
Who did Brito piss off? She’s without a doubt a top 20 player nationally and is getting virtually no recognition for it. No AA honors. Not even Big 12.
I know, it's crazy. Brito is a Junior this year. I know that has nothing to do with the snub, but there's always next year, hopefully. I think the selection committee is tired of picking Oklahoma players. Unfortunately, lesser players get honored.

I like the Heisman statues. I believe though we need four/five more. Benny, Bud, Barry and Bob in football as OU is the only major program that has 4 coaches winning over 100 games during their tenure at OU. If Patty wins another natty and retires she deserves one. But I hope she hangs around a few more yirs.
If OU erects a statue to Gazzo I'd prefer that it's put at the softball field and not Owen Field.
Same way I would feel if Waymon Tisdale's statue was erected, being put at the basketball arena.

If OU erects a statue to Gazzo I'd prefer that it's put at the softball field and not Owen Field.
Same way I would feel if Waymon Tisdale's statue was erected, being put at the basketball arena.

I’ve wondered why there aren’t plans to do that. Patty needs to have her own place at the softball field and I hope OU has more successful players/coaches and adds other statues there in the future.

Too bad we didn’t shut out Cal today; Patty will use that to motivate even greater effort next weekend.
BOOMER !!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT