ADVERTISEMENT

The World Series Champion Astros

We love to go to one of the World's finest Holocaust Museums but I cry like a baby in there. It's very well done and changes every time we go. I saw a concert in the Kennedy Center, a solo piano master when our David was finishing his piano career before moving to guitar. Talked OU football with a fan from somewhere, in the WH on 7/4/01, just two months before the world shook in horror. That trip we went from IA to DC via Amtrak which was a grueling 24 hour ride; once in a lifetime for a fam of 5 in 'coach' but we survived 10 days/nights & the cab driver could have been a terrorist...

My last visit in 2009 I encountered an OSU fan while walking in Arlington Cemetery. She approached me as I was wearing an OU cap and formed the letter "L" with her hand at me in an attempt to say I was a loser for being an OU fan.
She didn't want to socialize, so I just said "good luck" and walked away.....with her inferiority complex right beside her.

Reactions: iasooner1
Love DC and all the amazing things to see and do. It could take weeks to see and do everything right as iasooner1 described. If you go and don't come away with a renewed sense of awe, respect and pride in your country, then you have no soul. :(
Agree, as long as you don't look at the Capital Building.

Reactions: Schoonerman
We enjoyed our finest meal that trip at the Dept of Ag Cafeteria feast for lunch that had any/everything (except for lobster). Stayed at a big condo style hotel about a block from the Watergate complex. The only attraction we missed on the list was the Treasury.

First...In the first paragraph above, they did not quote him. You added the quotation marks. Remove them.
Second...why did the WP not quote him? Why did they not use Beltran's words? Because they weren't either there or they were relying on the work of other reporters. I mean they did quote him in other parts of the article but not in his own words as you have it listed above.
Third... you added quotation marks. You are the CNN of this board. Fake. False. Agenda driven. and a turd licker for it.

Here is an Article with Beltran in his own words "WITH QUOTATION MARKS" READ THE LAST PARAGRAPH OF THIS STORY "IN QUOTATION MARKS".
https://www.chron.com/sports/astros...ran-skip-White-House-visit-Trump-12558683.php
Beltran says....."There's no doubt that I'm disappointed," Beltran said of the federal response after Hurricanes Irma and Maria leveled the island last year. "I'm not the only one. There's a lot of people disappointed. We haven't (gotten) some benefits. Being part of the United States, you expect to at least get the same benefits when tragedies like this happen. The fact that we haven't (gotten) those, yeah, it's a disappointment."

Last edited:
Here is an Article with Beltran in his own words "WITH QUOTATION MARKS" READ THE LAST PARAGRAPH OF THIS STORY "IN QUOTATION MARKS".
https://www.chron.com/sports/astros...ran-skip-White-House-visit-Trump-12558683.php
Beltran says....."There's no doubt that I'm disappointed," Beltran said of the federal response after Hurricanes Irma and Maria leveled the island last year. "I'm not the only one. There's a lot of people disappointed. We haven't (gotten) some benefits. Being part of the United States, you expect to at least get the same benefits when tragedies like this happen. The fact that we haven't (gotten) those, yeah, it's a disappointment."

I'm sure he was/is disappointed. Despite this... not one word in this quote is attributed to his non attendance to the WH... take another lick.

ROTFLOL

200w.gif

Last edited:
We love to go to one of the World's finest Holocaust Museums but I cry like a baby in there. It's very well done and changes every time we go. I saw a concert in the Kennedy Center, a solo piano master when our David was finishing his piano career before moving to guitar. Talked OU football with a fan from somewhere, in the WH on 7/4/01, just two months before the world shook in horror. That trip we went from IA to DC via Amtrak which was a grueling 24 hour ride; once in a lifetime for a fam of 5 in 'coach' but we survived 10 days/nights & the cab driver could have been a terrorist...

I spent four hours in the Holocaust Museum and I too cried at the thought of how inhuman and cruel people could be to one another. My family was mad at me because I spent so long in the museum and they left to go to one of the other ones without me. I was okay with that because I just couldn't tear myself away from what I was seeing.

So many more things to see. I need to go back to DC and recharge my batteries!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT