ADVERTISEMENT

THE OFFICIAL SUGAR BOWL GAME THREAD - OU vs. AUBURN

Also, get a punter. PAT was good, where were the laces on the hold? To the left for the kicker... Others have been to the right, some he has kicked the laces... That screws up kicks...

Reactions: fortworth4ou2
I remember living in Hutto and going to Pflugerville and watching Perine there. He was a BOSS at the HS level and I was so excited he decided to come to OU.

I personally like him quite a bit more than Mixon even though Mixon has his own way of doing things and is very good. If we are lucky enough to get both of these men back next year...we are in really good shape.

That time out and touchdown with 2 seconds left was kind of strange considering they had no chance, but I guess I can see wanting to get your guys another score.

Decent win and at least we didn't fold in a good bowl game.

That time out and touchdown with 2 seconds left was kind of strange considering they had no chance, but I guess I can see wanting to get your guys another score.

And right after we'd absolutely taken the foot off the gas on our last drive. We could have easily beaten them by 29.

Neither do I. It's just what a sore loser does. Expected. Stoops could have run up the score as well. But, well, he isn't a sore loser.
How does it make him a sore loser?? I would prefer a coach that wants his players to keep going till time expires than to just give up with time still on the clock. They couldn't have won the game, but keep fighting till the end.

How does it make him a sore loser?? I would prefer a coach that wants his players to keep going till time expires than to just give up with time still on the clock. They couldn't have won the game, but keep fighting till the end.
And possibly get players on either side injured for something meaningless. Guess we'll have to agree to disagree.

Any coach would have done the same as Malzhan.....even Stoops.

Reactions: BillyRay
Any coach would have done the same as Malzhan.....even Stoops.
I will say this, Gus was fired up for his team to get a TD as the game ended, and Bob was equally as fired up about stopping Auburn from getting that TD. That's what competing is all about. Who gives a damn if the game is effectively over or how much time is left. Especially in that situation when they were SOOO close to getting in the end zone!!! How is that any different than if Auburn was on the 50yd line and threw a hail mary on the last play?? I bet if you were to ask Bob about it he would understand why Gus would want his team to get that final TD to at least end the game on something positive.
I would argue the ones saying Gus is a sore loser are actually sore winners themselves.

Really disappointed in Siebert. Wasn't he the top rated kicker in the country coming out of high school?

Get a kicker for next year. Embarrassing

If this game comes down to the kicking game I dont have much confidents in him

So I'm watching the game here on my big screen with my DVR slowed to 1/15th speed and I'm thinking the hold or something might be off like A LOT of times this year.

Not the case. Good snap, good hold... Good kick too... #55 of Auburn tipped it on a perfectly timed leap. Not by much, but by enough to change the rotation...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT