ADVERTISEMENT

***THE OFFICIAL OKLAHOMA VS TEXAS GAME THREAD***

Thats because Davis took all the qb snaps, Booty and Evers should have gotten the start and been allowed to get things going. Im sitting watching Tech start their 3rd qb this season and hes beating OSU. Half to give those guys a chance to play. Evers and booty will both be in the portal next year with Arnold coming to OU. that is if Arnold is still coming.

Reactions: iasooner2000
Dark days ahead. Buckle in folks we have no idea where this goes.

Brent not looking like the guy and the SEC LOOMS larger than before Riley.

I have only seen bits and pieces of the game today but from the sounds and reply maybe I shouldnt waste my time. What I don’t understand is why in the hell did BV and Lebby not go with the other QB? Its obvious DB is not a QB who is good enough to move the ball.

Why not at this point play the younger guys and get them ready for next year because its obvious OU has very few defensive players that have a clue on the field.

I get all the anger because this team is playing like a pile of shit. Is this a BV problem or have players just thrown in the towel on the season? If they have sit them down and put players out there who actually want to win.

I want to believe in BV but right now he is making that hard to do. These past 3 games have been a total embarrassment of the on field product.

Right now I see no upside and really see this team finishing 3-9. Hey but living in Arkansas my Hog friends are good company in misery.

I have only seen bits and pieces of the game today but from the sounds and reply maybe I shouldnt waste my time. What I don’t understand is why in the hell did BV and Lebby not go with the other QB? Its obvious DB is not a QB who is good enough to move the ball.

Why not at this point play the younger guys and get them ready for next year because its obvious OU has very few defensive players that have a clue on the field.

I get all the anger because this team is playing like a pile of shit. Is this a BV problem or have players just thrown in the towel on the season? If they have sit them down and put players out there who actually want to win.

I want to believe in BV but right now he is making that hard to do. These past 3 games have been a total embarrassment of the on field product.

Right now I see no upside and really see this team finishing 3-9. Hey but living in Arkansas my Hog friends are good company in misery.
Don’t waste your time, the most helpless, discombobulated I’ve ever seen this team and I don’t really even feel all that much better knowing Gabriel should be back by next game. We may not get beat as bad is all I hope for at this point

Last edited:
Not a valid comparison. Any program that goes through that kind of turnover is because at least one of those coaches got fired for poor performance. Not the case at OU. This program still had plenty of talent left over to at least be a reasonably competitive team. Not elite by any means, but at least playing competitive football against decent teams.

I've still never seen or heard of any team, going through 3 coaches in 6 years and not fall way off. Baylor has had some success but nothing OU like.

I have no idea what the teams identity is on either side of the ball. After watching this season, I think it's safe to say, neither does the coaching staff. You're getting gassed on both sides of the ball and ZERO adjustments. The RBs are the only players that looked good but you have to complete some passes or you get 11 in the box.

We desperately need big uglies upfront on the Dline and hopefully OU finds some.

In the post game presser, it was much of the same, "have to do a better job coaching", Beville gave us the best chance of winning" and then someone in the press asked David U. if the defense felt like they were in a hole that they can't get out of and his response was something along the lines of "no not at all because when we look at things on film we see how we can fix it and we just have to go out and do it" LOL that's the same things echoed after the last 3 blowouts and it's getting worse, our own players are delusional at this point.

In the post game presser, it was much of the same, "have to do a better job coaching", Beville gave us the best chance of winning" and then someone in the press asked David U. if the defense felt like they were in a hole that they can't get out of and his response was something along the lines of "no not at all because when we look at things on film we see how we can fix it and we just have to go out and do it" LOL that's the same things echoed after the last 3 blowouts and it's getting worse, our own players are delusional at this point.

Coach speak means garbage. On field changes mean everything. Make it before guys like Kanak think this ain't it.

Ummm this has been echoed for not only the last 3 games but the last 3 years or longer! At least BV isn't telling fans that they are "close" to being really good

Reactions: Belldozer1
Can't watch this. First time ever I've not watched to completion.
Yeah, I left way early, too.

I was going to post before the game that I hadn't been this hopeless for a win in a game since John Blake. But now, it seems so unlikely that we win three more games to qualify for a bowl. Hopelessness is a really bad feeling.

OUr talent level hasn't been this low since Gomer's second season. Blake had some talent, but he couldn't coach his way out of a paper bag. BV can coach. Anybody claiming otherwise, has their head in the sand.

Rivals' headline this morning said Sooners hit rock bottom. I'm not sure that's happened even yet. But I trust Brent. He'll get us back to a quality program. But it's not going to be next week.

Reactions: LAY THE WOODY
This is ineptitude. These are quitters. Are talent isn't 49 to nothing worse than Texas.
Yep, it kinda is; When I watched pieces of maybe over a dozen games yesterday, I saw quarterback play at various levels. Some great. Some pretty lightweight. But OU's is the worst of any team on tv yesterday. Quarterbacks are different. They make so much difference in how your offense functions. They have to overcome on a quarter of the plays. OUr quarterback can't make even routine throws half the time. And he cannot make lemonade ever.

Most college quarterbacks who have that sort of deficiency are playing because they have great athleticism and can make plays with their legs. OUrs can't break any tackles, ever. We're in a new offensive system with a shortage of difference makers in the receiver room, and a never been a coach last minute replacement at receiver coach, who hasn't had enough time to learn the offense, much less teach it to his receivers. Defensive coordinators whose teams we face, know our receiver rules better than our players. And there are some really good coaches in this conference.

There is a lot more wrong, including a rash of injuries. But when you have the worst starting quarterback in the country who's new to the system, short of talents and playing experience anywhere, it's a recipe for disaster. This might get worse, before it gets better. Maybe a lot worse, if Dillon is out for a while.

I’m going to paint my stable next Saturday. Then I’m going to lawn chair my ass and watch the paint dry starting at 11am.

Reactions: LAY THE WOODY
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT