ADVERTISEMENT

The Official Game Thread - OU vs. Houston = Game #1.

Why did you leave out 2000?

Yes parity.. ask Baylor, Tcu, OSU, KSU and many, many more teams that have upped their game since parity set in. Hell, even Duke is playing better.........
Are we comparing OU to Duke, OSU, and Kansas State now?

In the fifteen seasons since OU won, the national title has been won seven times by two coaches (7/15), as well as twice by schools that they had coached at (total nine). That leaves only six of fifteen titles for any semblance of parity. Want to go back and look at the previous sixty years? I think only two coaches had won three in fifty years. Were there more than two? But, now we have two in fifteen accounting for seven. Parity?

Reactions: BillyRay
That's fine, my point was we have parity. Many more teams are playing better than the Bud and Barry years. I'll give it up that Saban and Meyers are great coaches and recruiters. They cheat though.........HA!

I think Syb might be a women? Correct me If I'm wrong. Doesn't make a difference...Great poster.
Although I may be quite arrogant, there is only one of me. I am not a woman, although that would have kept me from one of the most horrible things in my life, the draft. What's wrong with being a woman?

I think I've destroyed parity. Any further questions?

In the fifteen seasons since OU won, the national title has been won seven times by two coaches (7/15), as well as twice by schools that they had coached at (total nine). That leaves only six of fifteen titles for any semblance of parity. Want to go back and look at the previous sixty years? I think only two coaches had won three in fifty years. Were there more than two? But, now we have two in fifteen accounting for seven. Parity?

Your talking NC's. I'm talking about teams that have upped their game since the scholarship limits. Guess what, Baylor, TCU, OSU, KSU, Tech are not part of the old Big 8 of Oklahoma and Nebraska and the little 6. It's just a fact, just like your NC post.

Sorry, no offense. Glad you cleared it up.

That's fine, my point was we have parity. Many more teams are playing better than the Bud and Barry years. I'll give it up that Saban and Meyers are great coaches and recruiters. They cheat though.........HA!

I think Syb might be a women? Correct me If I'm wrong. Doesn't make a difference...Great poster.
And there it is. If someone is better than what you have, then clearly they must be cheating. This type of thinking is literally a byproduct of the "everyone gets a trophy" generation.

Reactions: Huntin Hard
Your talking NC's. I'm talking about teams that have upped their game since the scholarship limits. Guess what, Baylor, TCU, OSU, KSU, Tech are not part of the old Big 8 of Oklahoma and Nebraska and the little 6. It's just a fact, just like your NC post.
That confuses me. OSU and KSU weren't in the Big Eight? These schools weren't limited as to scholarships? What are you saying?

That confuses me. OSU and KSU weren't in the Big Eight? These schools weren't limited as to scholarships? What are you saying?

I'm saying KSU and OSU were in the Big 8. They both got players that might have been on OU's radar until the days of limits, including walkons.

I'm saying KSU and OSU were in the Big 8. They both got players that might have been on OU's radar until the days of limits, including walkons.
giphy.gif

Reactions: Huntin Hard
So, you think the drop from 95 to 85 provided them with better players.

Why did it provide Alabama, LSU, Florida, and Ohio State with better players to win a title and not us? They weren't affected by parity, but we were? Saban and Meyer weren't affected by parity, but Stoops was?

It could always be worse. I can't imagine being an Auburn fan and watching what Malzahn is doing with his quarterbacks tonight. They should fire him immediately after the game

It could always be worse. I can't imagine being an Auburn fan and watching what Malzahn is doing with his quarterbacks tonight. They should fire him immediately after the game
AGRRE, coaches now days have to get into the dirt, a lot of them will trample over rules and get away with a lot of crap. Bob stays away in the most part from running that type of program.

4623 it's not that we lose, it's HOW we lose that sometimes have people calling for Stoops head. Now do I think he should be fired? No but you can't expect people to not be concerned. Year in and year out we are looking undisciplined and uninspired. At Oklahoma looking " pretty good" should be unacceptable especially when it's constantly losing to lesser opponents

Reactions: AbsoluteZer0
4623 it's not that we lose, it's HOW we lose that sometimes have people calling for Stoops head. Now do I think he should be fired? No but you can't expect people to not be concerned. Year in and year out we are looking undisciplined and uninspired. At Oklahoma looking " pretty good" should be unacceptable especially when it's constantly losing to lesser opponents

I would go further and insert "entitled" rather than "expected". What I saw as a bunch of players that thought that they were entitled to win this game because they played for OU. No fire, no effort, just expectations. I don't see that from Alabama...they go win the natty and come back the next year getting right after it.

The effort given in the Houston game was pathetic. The planning, execution, and every facet was pathetic. The defense wasn't terrible for the most part but the secondary was certainly terrible. You can't have a terrible secondary in the B12 and you certainly can't expect to run the ball with an O line that is sleep walking.

Someone better wake the hell up and realize that this is a fight not an automatic win. I am hopeful that this fiasco will snap somebody awake and we won't suck the entire season.

I would go further and insert "entitled" rather than "expected".

Someone better wake the hell up and realize that this is a fight not an automatic win. I am hopeful that this fiasco will snap somebody awake and we won't suck the entire season.

Great post and two valid points.

Alabama recruits better because of reputation and geography. That geographic advantage incorporates the entire southeastern region and the state of Texas....plus the West Coast, Utah, New Jersey, NYC....wherever there's an elite player, Alabama has all the elements to reel him in.
Alabama is surrounded by states with great high school talent. So are the other SEC teams. But Alabama is and always has been a program with a swagger and attitude to play big in big games....like no other team I have ever seen.
No other team has such an advantage - not to the degree of Alabama. Saban has elevated Alabama to a higher level than Brysnt did, hands down.

Reactions: BillyRay
I don't think Alabama has the team to win another championship this year but I wouldn't bet against them if they make it to the final four. This may be a year an unexpected team surprises us. Kinda like Bob and the Sooners did once upon a time. :rolleyes:

I would go further and insert "entitled" rather than "expected". What I saw as a bunch of players that thought that they were entitled to win this game because they played for OU. No fire, no effort, just expectations. I don't see that from Alabama...they go win the natty and come back the next year getting right after it.

The effort given in the Houston game was pathetic. The planning, execution, and every facet was pathetic. The defense wasn't terrible for the most part but the secondary was certainly terrible. You can't have a terrible secondary in the B12 and you certainly can't expect to run the ball with an O line that is sleep walking.

It's hard to generate fire when the play calling is so erratic. Looked pretty fired up for the first series.
I don't understand why you don't lead with the rush EVERY SINGLE TIME once you have a lead. We're up 7-3 and already start leading with the pass? Of course, their defensive 7 are going to beat us up in the long run when we take NO measures to assault them while we have the lead.

And it was apparent so early on that the corner opposite of Thomas wasn't going to get the job done, why did it take so damn long to change Thomas to roaming sides and following their star?

We're too stubborn on defense and too experimental on offense.

I don't think many Sooner fans would complain if we lost a game while pounding the ball with Perine and Mixon 35+ times a game and occasionally going downfield or swing passing.

Reactions: AbsoluteZer0
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT