ADVERTISEMENT

The obvious: Daily Oklahoman sucks

Phaeded

Sooner starter
Jun 5, 2001
Anyone still getting this rag? I'm home in OKC (from Chitown) for a HS reunion and on an extended stay hanging with the elderly folks...well, because they're elderly. They get the Daily Disappointment so I've been reading the Sports coverage....good gawd its worse than ever. Today the headline is about Mason Randolph scrambling the ball? That's a page 5 story under any circumstances, but to lead on the Monday following OU's best win of the season by ANYBODY? And not one of the OK Daily's stellar sports staff picked OU. But with all the oSu coverage you'd think the pokes got their win in Tuscaloosa and not vs. Southern Alabama. Is this some kind of "everybody wins and gets a trophy" BS? (well gosh, stoolwater matters too. NO IT DOES NOT).

Anywho, looking forward to Randolph ending his over-hyped career winless vs OU.

On a related note: after losses to Liberty and UTSA it is clear that Baylor is going winless - when do we tell this embarrassment to leave the conference? Headed back to being the Big 8....

Anyone still getting this rag? I'm home in OKC (from Chitown) for a HS reunion and on an extended stay hanging with the elderly folks...well, because they're elderly. They get the Daily Disappointment so I've been reading the Sports coverage....good gawd its worse than ever. Today the headline is about Mason Randolph scrambling the ball? That's a page 5 story under any circumstances, but to lead on the Monday following OU's best win of the season by ANYBODY? And not one of the OK Daily's stellar sports staff picked OU. But with all the oSu coverage you'd think the pokes got their win in Tuscaloosa and not vs. Southern Alabama. Is this some kind of "everybody wins and gets a trophy" BS? (well gosh, stoolwater matters too. NO IT DOES NOT).

Anywho, looking forward to Randolph ending his over-hyped career winless vs OU.

On a related note: after losses to Liberty and UTSA it is clear that Baylor is going winless - when do we tell this embarrassment to leave the conference? Headed back to being the Big 8....

Great post.

Reactions: iasooner1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT