ADVERTISEMENT

The morning after

Dec 14, 2023
Rewatching the game right now and ....... it's pretty bad. The offense top to bottom just doesn't have it, they don't have anything going for them right now. QB, RB, WR, OL, none of these units are worth anything right now. The only guy that's showed up so far is Burks.

Arnold- missed throws and got anxious in the pocket. He scrambled when it was unnecessary.
OL- pass blocking was better but still a work in progress. I thought Bates did a better job than Hatchett. But it's the same story the last few years and it's gotten gradually worse but the OL can't run block to start the year. They simply aren't creating enough space to run.
WR- They need someone to step up besides Burks and to get healthy.
RB- Barnes and Sawchuk disappoint yet again. Barnes just runs into the OL backs for no reason. I wish Hicks and Tatum would get more reps just to see what they can do since Barnes and Sawchuk aren't producing.

The playcalling overall has been boring and plain. It's either RPO or play action pass. I also don't get putting Ragins out there with Thompson and Burks, get a bigger body receiver in there to have some diversity. Most of all, OU needs to get better on 3rd down. Let's see if the coaches and players can figure it out. Hard to be optimistic and positive about the offense right now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.