ADVERTISEMENT

The man who hired the king

owenfieldreams

Sooner signee
Aug 15, 2010
My brother-in-law, Jack Santee, passed early this morning. He would have been 89 in January. Jack graduated from OU in 1952 and was 2nd string behind Vessels. During law school he helped coach the freshman team. He also coached H.S. football in Tulsa at Marquette and Cascia Hall while practicing law. As president of the BOR when Fairbanks left it was Jack who championed Barry and ultimately hired him as our H.C.

Sorry for your loss, Owen...Jack's passing is also a loss for the University of Oklahoma, and Sooner Alumni. Much is owed to him for the many projects he spearheaded off the field, as well as on...His is a well-known, and respected name in OU Circles of Greatness. He left some Big Footprints on the Campus, and will be missed for his years of Service and Leadership, there...

Scroll down in this article for a glimpse of just a few of the many tasks he accomplished...

https://www.tulsaworld.com/communit...cle_4fd95ecc-94d6-59d3-8a84-b2bce9632683.html

https://www.tulsaworld.com/jack-santee-lounge/image_dd1209b4-b1ef-51c3-b60d-8ae424145948.html

My brother-in-law, Jack Santee, passed early this morning. He would have been 89 in January. Jack graduated from OU in 1952 and was 2nd string behind Vessels. During law school he helped coach the freshman team. He also coached H.S. football in Tulsa at Marquette and Cascia Hall while practicing law. As president of the BOR when Fairbanks left it was Jack who championed Barry and ultimately hired him as our H.C.

Sorry for your loss and the loss of a great Sooner.

A story many dont know involves Jack and the Gaylords. At some point, not sure of the timeline, the Gaylords wanted to build a stadium in OKC that would be the home field for both OU & OSU. A meeting was held where the plan was presented to OU leadership. After the meeting, whomever represented OU said...we need to call Jack. When advised of the plan Jack put the kibosh on it and it was after this that the Gaylord family name was put on Memorial Stadium.

I'm sorry for your loss.

Reactions: iasooner1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT