ADVERTISEMENT

Football That was bad...and I'm going to be very honest!

dmackey13

Sooner starter
Gold Member
Oct 11, 2008
Just leaving the stadium, and I'm sitting in traffic after a game we had no business losing (or really winning). I spoke to ppl 1st hand, understand the injuries, and believe we aren't seriously scheming opponents yet...BUT...

This is an offensive centered game. Our qb is NOT accurate. He's not savvy. He got scared to throw the ball during the game. He's problem #1

Our rbs consistently run straight into a pile of players like we're running 22 power versus inside zone or counter and are the easiest rbs to tackle in America. I said I'd eat crow and I don't have to. Barnes is NOT a natural runner to daylight. He's big strong and fast but easy to tackle. Chuk 😬 idk what to say. But I'll say it again. 8 is the most natural we have. He needs to play.

The oline may have been the BEST position group tonight and they didn't play winning football, but anyone who says or thinks they regressed is drunk or wrong. They actually improved and got a hat on a hat much more consistently tonight. JFA had some clean pockets tonight. Rbs had some opportunities tonight. Not amazing opportunities but much better than last week.

This isn't Ten Thgts...
This is my disgust after leaving the game.
Our biggest issue is our qb. Our second is quality guys to run with and catch the ball. Third is our scheme. It needs players but it needs a plan. We are in big trouble if we don't make big strides.

Ohh..Our defense is NOT good enough to be leaned on for 8 SEC games. Sober moments. I'll discuss issues and fixes in detail on our Pod and within Ten Thgts...
#Boomer

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.