ADVERTISEMENT

TCU lost. Michigan State lost. Memphis lost. Bama is pounding LSU.

Plainosooner

Sooner starter
Oct 20, 2002
Plano, TX
I wonder how many of the undefeateds who went down today, that we'll pass?

A&M is about to lose to Auburn, down 26-10 and Auburn moving past midfield.

Florida barely beat a Vandy team 9-7 on a last minute FG, and the Commodores had a high school offense. Or worse.

We now have the perfect scenario for the Big Ten. Ohio State beats Michigan State and Michigan upsets tOSU and the Wolverine would go to the BIG title game.

Now there is business to take care of. I know we scored a bunch tonight, but I saw more flaws to worry about. Clemson will play UNC for the ACC title most likely. Free Shoes is out. We need a Stanford win over ND and another Pac 12 team to beat Stanford.

It's a whole new week.

never understimate the power of biased sports reporting...

I wonder how many of the undefeateds who went down today, that we'll pass?

A&M is about to lose to Auburn, down 26-10 and Auburn moving past midfield.

Florida barely beat a Vandy team 9-7 on a last minute FG, and the Commodores had a high school offense. Or worse.

We now have the perfect scenario for the Big Ten. Ohio State beats Michigan State and Michigan upsets tOSU and the Wolverine would go to the BIG title game.

Now there is business to take care of. I know we scored a bunch tonight, but I saw more flaws to worry about. Clemson will play UNC for the ACC title most likely. Free Shoes is out. We need a Stanford win over ND and another Pac 12 team to beat Stanford.

It's a whole new week.

Ahem, ahem. ;) Just win baby, win!!

Reactions: iasooner1
Those scrappy hawkeyes held off a determined K Wilson squad of hoosiers today 35-27 to remain undefeated for at least another week. I see them jumping from 10 to 6 or so, possibly. They end this season with pillow fights at home vs minnie, purdy and @ Lincoln. And then the b1g ccg for a "participation" trophy. The thought of them in any kind of discussion is laughable. They pray to somehow wind up in the Rose bowl (the Holy Grail) but will wind up in January at some Florida bowl against a weak $ec foe.

For the SOONERS is's like Tulsan says, "just win baby".

Reactions: SoonerTulsan
I see OU and OSU jumping over Michigan State and TCU, but not over LSU. I'm willing to bet Baylor may drop a spot for not beating KSU more soundly.

OSU is the undefeated defending national champ from the power 5 that has rotated QBs all year and still not lost. They will face MSU, Michigan and the Big 10 title game if they make the top SEC champ is in with one loss no matter what because conference is over-rated SOS. So PAC 12 champ will be left out if OSU wins out, a Big 12 team stays undefeated and Clemson goes 13-0, then this year Stanford or Utah will be left out which means the ROAR for the 8 team playoff needs to be made.

Agree rkhufu, and I hope all will welcome an ND fan to the Oklahoma board. I used to live in Eufaula and have respect for the class that most OU fans have shown over the years.

In my opinion, there is a significant chance that the playoff committee will be looking at the following scenario:

A one loss Big10 champ (either OSU or MSU)

A one loss SEC champ (either bama or florida)

An undefeated Clemson or one loss UNC that has just beaten number one Clemson.

A one loss ND that lost to Clemson by 2 points in a monsoon, or a one loss Stanford that lost its first game and hasn't looked back since

A one loss OU or Oklahoma St. that lost to a rival.

A one loss Utah that lost to a 3 or 4 loss USC that is as talented as anyone in the country

A one loss LSU that isn't a conference or even division champ with only a loss to bama

In this case, an eight team playoff would include
OSU/MSU
bama/florida
Clemson/UNC
ND/Stanford/Utah
OU/Oklahoma St.
LSU
and a couple more one or two loss teams among those listed. Wow, that would be an incredible playoff.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT