ADVERTISEMENT

SUPER interesting comments from Jonah Tauanu’u's mother.

Imadrtrustme

Sooner starter
Gold Member
Nov 26, 2017
First I know this is kind of bad for me to be quoting stuff from the TFB but since Nike and the people running the opening are being giant wieners (Seriously like Bob and Josh should have been allowed) about this stuff I went there to see what's going on. And aside from the usual bleh stuff they post they did ask Jonah's mom about his recruiting and it is fascinating.

The fact he named OU the number one school was surprising, but when I spoke to his mom, Melissa, I came away even more surprised. Tauanu’u mom seems to be an even bigger fan of Oklahoma saying,”I am all in with OU. They are my favorite and I am pushing (Jonah) to get there, but I don’t want to push too hard that he does the opposite, you know?”

That’s definitely not the case with Melissa, “I already told Jonah I will move to wherever he decides to go.” She continued to add to that statement saying, “Why stay in LA? We visited OU and the air was clean and the town was clean. The people were so nice. The school was top notch and they develop their lineman. What’s not to like?”

With all of the bold statements being made, she definitely wanted me to take note that she has nothing against USC, or any other California school, but she is all for him leaving the state and being another, as she called it, “CaliSooner” that makes it big and gets a good degree while doing so. She also added that the USC staff is well aware of her, and her husbands, stance on the situation, but she says, “It’s still Jonah’s decision and I will support my baby no matter what he does. I just want him happy where he goes.”

We got momma in our corner boys. Him and Wilkins would be amazing gets for Bedenboss.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.