ADVERTISEMENT

Sunday Notes...

Josh_M

Hall of Fame Poster
Jul 18, 2001
A High School Football Field Somewhere
OK guys, some more notes from junior day No. 1 in 2024, some guys are absolutely raving about this trip but can tell you that I'm not expecting any immediate commitments or anything.

Again, that's not a sign of things not going well, but it is tied to Oklahoma telling guys to wait until the player knows exactly what they want to do.

*A guy that I thought might pull the trigger this weekend is Missouri City (Texas) Hightower Rivals250 running back Jeremy Payne who had nothing but good things to say, and like some that we discussed last night, talked a lot about the SOUL mission being a huge part of how impressed he was.

"It went well," Payne said.

"What stood out was the vision Coach (Brent) Venables told us it’s called the Soul Mission. (I also liked) learning about the coach’s families."

**Dominick McKinley, the Louisiana defensive lineman who picked up an LSU offer as he was heading out to Norman, is going to be a tough battle to win but the Sooners definitely impressed him.

When I asked him what stood out about his trip and was told 'everything, really'.

I asked McKinley if that was as good for Oklahoma as it sounded.

"It's hard to explain," he said.

I'm hoping to have a full chat with him soon but there's just no denying that the Sooners showed him more than he expected.

***I spoke to Rivals100 linebacker Payton Pierce about Oklahoma's latest staff member, James Skalski and it's clear the Sooners new assistant impressed the Lucas (Texas) Lovejoy standout.

"I love him! Super good guy and really understands Coach V's defense. He took me around all day and was awesome."

****Finally a small note Andrew Marsh did not make it up but did get a chance to talk with Emmett Jones and the Sooners and was clear 'Oklahoma is still in my top schools'.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News