ADVERTISEMENT

Sugar Bowl play of the game

LongTimeSooner

Sooner commitment
Gold Member
Sep 9, 2015
For me, here's the play last night that removed any doubt OU was going to win.

Next year, please understand defense wins championships OU. Defensive heart cannot be replaced by more TDs.

If you are saying that illustrates the aggressive style the defense played with last night then I absolutely agree!!! Let's hope it wasn't just because Auburn was such a one-dimensional team that led Mike to taking such an aggressive approach with his defense.

Looking back, the hit Evans put on White at the goalline on Auburns opening drive was what decided that game more than anything. Broke the kids arm and didn't realize it towards the end of the half. That effectively removed any downfield threat from Auburns offense the rest of the game. Game was pretty much over at that point.

That was a heck of a hit by Caleb. Like Billy said, the hit by Jordan Evans on their QB was really big as well.

Reactions: iasooner1
For me, it could have been the TD pass to our Tight end. I really felt we had to have a touchdown at that point to swing momentum. It seemed very reminiscent of Trevor Knight hitting Shepard in the same fashion against Alabama a couple years back. Back breaker plays.

Reactions: iasooner1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT