ADVERTISEMENT

striker

Signed as a free agent with the Bills. I know he was hurt about not being drafted, but he's really better off signing a free agent deal than to be drafted in the 7th. He got some choices in where to sign. He's going to play for a very defensive minded coach whose defensive minded brother is on the staff. It should sound familiar. One of them was a Sooner assistant, back in the day.

Being a terrific, even great college football player, doesn't necessarily project as a pro millionaire. Ask Jason White. Out of the last 30 national champions, only one of the winning quarterbacks became a pro bowl type quarterback, Newton. And Winston is a maybe. Another seven or eight started a few games when somebody got hurt, but none were great. Tebow is about the only one who got to a playoff, and the Broncos couldn't wait to get him replaced.

Weinke was a bust. Time will tell about Jones. He didn't start ten college games. McCarron is a reliable backup. The rest of the Bama guys are somewhere besides a pro football field. Flynn at LSU is a career backup, who started a little without much notoriety. Young was bankrupt before his contract ran out. Leinart sucked. Heupel was a Heisman runner up who didn't survive the final training camp cuts his rookie year. Tee Martin is in coaching. Griese started a few games, but was nothing special. Nebraska's Taylor wasn't a pro kinda guy.

All that to say that not being drafted doesn't diminish Eric's career. He made the most of his skills in college. He'll get a shot and maybe they'll find a niche for him. Pass rushers are a valuable commodity. But you need to be big enough to tackle really big strong guys. The safeties in the NFL are bigger than Eric. Film late in his career showed that big tackles had a hard time blocking him, but running backs with size could. He'll have a lot to prove and he'll get his chance.

He was a 3-4 OLB/pass rusher. He is too small to play that position in the pros and he is not fast enough to be a 4-3 OLB in the pros (fast LB/big DB). He was a good college player, but he needs to move along if he gets cut.

He was a 3-4 OLB/pass rusher. He is too small to play that position in the pros and he is not fast enough to be a 4-3 OLB in the pros (fast LB/big DB). He was a good college player, but he needs to move along if he gets cut.
Regardless of what Striker's football future is or isn't, like all Oklahoma players, I'm appreciative of what he did as a Sooner.

Reactions: BillyRay
First time on your board.

Can't believe that Striker didn't get drafted. Is there something I'm not seeing that the NFL scouts see? Dude was a pain in our asses for years.

My guess is that the scouts regard him undersized and one dimensional.
His combine results were not nearly what I was expecting. He ran a 4.8 and had a 30 vertical. I thought he was a little better athlete than that

His combine results were not nearly what I was expecting. He ran a 4.8 and had a 30 vertical. I thought he was a little better athlete than that
He's more explosive and good at timing the snap than he is blazing speed. He has added some size though.

Did you get banned from the Orange Tampon board barking? That place is infested with the most sissified idiots I've seen on a message board. They like to post garbage and then cry like littles beeotches when they're called out. Texas fans have gotten as soft as their losing record team these days. They've also become aggie with their one game season mentality these days. Sad to see.

The majority need to get a life or get out of the UT superiority they have in ingrained in them. Pretty weird really. Stupid a-holes think a person is different on one side of the red river than the other. On the other hand Davy Crockett and the other Texas heroes who were not native Texans got slaughtered at the Alamo. They didn't accomplish much when you see how it is now. The Mexicans are well on their way to being the majority in Texas. I think in Austin the Californians, Yankees are keeping right up with the ones South of the Rio Grande entering.
Over a 100 people a day on average move to Austin they're not Texans. In my opinion any self respecting Texan would hate the growth of Austin and Texas. Orangebloods think Austin is awesome and love all this especially Scholz. He and I discussed a couple of years ago. He has rental property. I said well I knew it had to be a selfish reason. He is an idiot it doesn't take a shrink to diagnose that. You just read his post for years and years. Nothing change he should just copy and paste. Sorry this is long, but when I vaporize my meds I really get enjoyment reading the circle jerk crew here in Austin.

Reactions: BillyRay
He's more explosive and good at timing the snap than he is blazing speed. He has added some size though.

Did you get banned from the Orange Tampon board barking? That place is infested with the most sissified idiots I've seen on a message board. They like to post garbage and then cry like littles beeotches when they're called out. Texas fans have gotten as soft as their losing record team these days. They've also become aggie with their one game season mentality these days. Sad to see.
Ya I committed the ultimate sin....I made fun of Scholz. Oh well, not much of a loss

Ya that Scholz is something else. Some of the posters over there are pretty normal dudes that you can have a decent conversation with, at least until they get dragged down into the sewer with Scholz when he decides to show up and fill up threads full of his garbage.

You have no clue unless you saw a thread here infested by him, alkohusker and utman17. Also, their fool mod they had for a while after he changed names from getting punked here so much. Those 3 came up with some of the most vile things I've ever seen on a message board.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT