ADVERTISEMENT

State of Bedlam, Beamer buzz

Carey Murdock

Sooner starter
Staff
Dec 6, 2001
Norman, OK
www.soonerscoop.com
Have been keeping an eye on things today. And there's no doubt the rumors about specific names are out there and I don't think they are too far off base. I am not here to confirm any names at this point. And I'm not here to say OU is on shaky ground. But I was told tonight, "tomorrow will be really interesting."

What I gather that to mean is that OU will be without several players due to COVID/injury, and players who are contributors. And Stogner does not appear to be a definite at this point. The Sooners also don't need to see a bunch of positives coming out tomorrow. Remember Friday's are the rapid tests, so they should know earlier than previous tests. What time those tests take place, I'm not sure. But I'll keep monitoring things throughout the day.

And the way it has gone this week, it's been a little out of the norm from recent weeks, so people are a little on edge.

As far as Shane Beamer, I've been in touch with South Carolina people throughout the day. Beamer is a guy that is getting a lot of interest in South Carolina. He's definitely one of the main targets at this point in the process. But kind of like at any major program, the public support isn't there because of his background and experience level as a coordinator. There are questions if he can make that up with experience in coordinating special teams and recruiting though. Lots of names are popping up and I think WVU's Neal Brown is someone that is getting a lot of support as well. His season at WVU and his past at Troy is something that has people interested in him. And he's been a coordinator for a while at a lot of major programs.

I wouldn't say South Carolina is on the verge of a hire. Just that Beamer is squarely on that list of candidates being evaluated right now. I wouldn't say a hiring is imminent. But it's something to continue watching.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News