ADVERTISEMENT

STAFF PICKS: Kansas

Josh_M

Hall of Fame Poster
Jul 18, 2001
A High School Football Field Somewhere
@BPrzybylo - If Jalon Daniels plays, Oklahoma doesn’t win. But I don’t think there’s a chance in the world Daniels suits up for Kansas.

We move to the next scenario. If Dillon Gabriel doesn’t play, the Sooners don’t win. But I fully believe Gabriel will play against the Jayhawks.

So now we have Gabriel vs. Jason Bean, and the only scenario in 2022 where the Sooners can take down KU. How did we get here?

After not having any sort of passing game last week, looking for a big game from wide receiver Marvin Mims. The key might be to not force it too much to him, but he’s going to get at least five or six targets in the first half to remind people who he is.

As has been the case the last three games, the ability of the offense is way down the list of issues if the defense doesn’t play up to just a base level.

The OU defense still doesn’t have a turnover in the first half. As Brent Venables has said, the feeling is you have to play perfect. When you’re not getting off the field on third downs and not causing any takeaways, you do have to play perfect.

Everyone might have been able to take a deep breath because now nobody is expecting much from this 2022 group and realizing the process and the foundation is going to take some time.

If there’s anything left, it’s up to the leaders like Brayden Willis and DaShaun White to show why the young guys should still care about this season.

Eric Gray and Marcus Major both find the end zone as OU doesn’t look impressive by any means but wins. That’s all that matters.

OU 27, KU 22.

@Eddie_Rado - The march to Memphis has to begin somewhere right? Yes or yes?

In short, Oklahoma is returning home following two of the most embarrassing weeks in program history. Have they hit rockbottom? You'd have to think so. Or better yet. You'd have to hope so.

How can it get any worse? A home loss to Kansas sure would do it.

I can sit here and write how disappointing this season has been. Believe me. This might turn into a dissertation. So I won't. You already know.

Getting Dillon Gabriel back on the field is enought to make me think we'll see a competent offensive product. But what can you expect defensively? Sure as shit beats me. Just please don't suck. Like really, really suck. We've got a low bar of expectation, folks.

Maybe I'm just delusional. Maybe I just refuse to accept this new reality.

Oklahoma 38
Kansas 33

@Josh_M - Man, I'm impressed with the confidence of my partners in picks - and I want to apologize, the guys sent these to me earlier and I just thought I had posted it - was busy writing up some other stuff and just lost track.

My bad and apology.

At any rate, I think Oklahoma gets back on track offensively - I can believe that.

But this defense is going to slow down, even a Kansas backup quarterback? Nah, I can't get there. This defense is going to have to show me a pulse before I'm ready to believe ANYTHING can be assumed.

Sure Jason Bean isn't Jalon Daniels but he's a dangerous runner and you throw that on top of an offense that runs a ton of motion and you're basically combining two things that the Sooners have shown zero ability to cope with.

I think the 'slog to Shreveport' is more like what this team is looking at but I don't think it starts this week.

Kansas 42
Oklahoma 34

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News