ADVERTISEMENT

Stadium Renovation Question

humblesooner

Sooner signee
Oct 8, 2001
Trying to get away from Saturday's debacle for a bit.
For a lot of years, there have been discussions on message boards about bowling in the stadium and how the South End Zone doesn't match up the east and west sides. It was assumed by many that the EZ would have to be torn down and revamped or you couldn't bowl in that end.
In the renderings on SoonerSports.com, it appears that the actual bowling in, involves removing some of the rows at the top of the end zone.
Am I seeing the drawings correct?
Does anyone have any first-hand knowledge?

You are correct. And season ticket holders of those seats have been told that they can buy similar seats in "nearly" the same location but the cost is much higher. Club Seats $5,000 Capital and $2,000 Annual per seat . A one time flat fee is Capital, then Annual donations, then cost of seats. For example: Loge Seats - one time fee (Capital Donation) of $15,000 per seat and $4,000 per seat (Annual Donation)....plus cost of tickets. South Suites $200,000 Capital and $75,000 Annual for 18 people.

You are correct. And season ticket holders of those seats have been told that they can buy similar seats in "nearly" the same location but the cost is much higher. Club Seats $5,000 Capital and $2,000 Annual per seat . A one time flat fee is Capital, then Annual donations, then cost of seats. For example: Loge Seats - one time fee (Capital Donation) of $15,000 per seat and $4,000 per seat (Annual Donation)....plus cost of tickets. South Suites $200,000 Capital and $75,000 Annual for 18 people.
Translation: "FU many long-term long term season ticket holders. And to the rest of you, pucker up"

OU is going to have issues selling those seats for that much money.

Fans are getting tired of 3 or 4 losses most years, I don't think they'll want to pay $2,000 just to get the chance to buy an endzone seat.

OU is going to have issues selling those seats for that much money.

Fans are getting tired of 3 or 4 losses most years, I don't think they'll want to pay $2,000 just to get the chance to buy an endzone seat.

The really tired ones will stop going. The kind-of tired ones and the not tired ones will continue to sell the place out. Businesses purchase most of the high dollar seating. And they'll continue to buy because it is a great way to entertain customers both locally and from out of state.

The really tired ones will stop going. The kind-of tired ones and the not tired ones will continue to sell the place out. Businesses purchase most of the high dollar seating. And they'll continue to buy because it is a great way to entertain customers both locally and from out of state.

Yep, truly, there will never be an empty seat in the weather or in the enclosures.
Supply and demand.
The demand will always exceed the supply.
In the grand scheme of things it's not that big when you consider all the 100K stadiums out there. Which there are quite a few now.

I wonder why these are the only folks getting price added on. Kind of surprised they didn't just move the endzone seat folks and jack up everyone's ticket price. Also for those of you that are a little worried about ticket prices you should check out seats to a Dallas Cowboys game sometime. $300 is pretty routine. I guarantee you when consulting firms are pointing out to OU that they have a high demand product they aren't pointing out the Oklahoma State and Louisiana Tech ticket prices they are sellling them on the idea they will get top dollar (Whatever that might be) The West Virginia game was the first game in a while I have been to that I honestly didn't think was a sellout for a "real" game. Yes the Kansas game was a low turnout last year for a miserable team and weather.

However I know my brother (school teacher in Moore) was getting emails offereing $70 tickets with $12 concession coupon days before WV game. So it couldn't have been a sellout days before and i'm sure some big corporation just bough up a bunch of tickets at the last minute to "save" our sellout streak.

Dallas - The WVU game was reported to be a sellout. I think these last minute cheap seats are either in the student or visitor sections. The allocated season tickets had a waitlist until last year. There was a auction to upgrade or reserve season tickets this spring. Ones accumulated points determined when one could log on to the site to see what was available and lock in. I got a call the day before my allowed log-in date and time to insure I was going to upgrade. The Ticket Office basically confirmed that there was no consideration given to the many season ticket holders that have been requesting upgrades for many years.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT