ADVERTISEMENT

Spurrier.....

He was a hell of a coach. He may have only one one Natty but he's always been in the mix. I'm sure the same will be said of Stoops. I see a lot of parallels there and it's not just the FL connection.

Guess he's realizing that he's getting old and better enjoy life the rest of the way while he can. I could see Coach Snyder doing the same soon. It has to take a big toll on the body...no matter how much gets delegated. Good luck to you in your retirement Old Ball Coach.

Spurrier was 7-6 last year and is 2-4 this year. Looking at his schedule he could easily have lost 4 or 5 more games. He saw it coming and probably didn't won't to go out that way. Smart and tired. He was a good coach, but not one of my favorites.

Loved watching his well coached Florida teams and his antics on the sideline. Ironic that Bob Stoops helped Snyder build up K State and then helped Spurrier win championships at Florida and then at OU.

What I found impressive is that he's the winningest coach at two SEC schools - Florida and South Carolina. That speaks volumes about the man's career. And to his credit, he's resigning, not retiring.

Funny though, on sports radio in ATL, about half the Gamecock fans were glad to see him go mid-season and felt this was the right thing for the program and the other half were calling him selfish and a coward for not finishing out the season.

He'll be missed, but I think he'd be a good replacement for Lee Corso if he decides to step down from College Game Day.

Yep the ole ball coach did not want to be fired so he quit. Anyone could see that coming given the high rankings his team at SC has had the past 2 seasons only to flounder. I was not surprised at all.

Funny though, on sports radio in ATL, about half the Gamecock fans were glad to see him go mid-season and felt this was the right thing for the program and the other half were calling him selfish and a coward for not finishing out the season.

Fans are quite generic in that regard.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT