ADVERTISEMENT

Sooner's Media Day News...

Senior Sooner

Sooner starter
Dec 1, 2003
Two Takeaways from Media Day...Saturday, 8-8-2015...And YES, It IS a Slow News Day...

Erik Horne
‎2‎:‎37‎:‎15‎ ‎PM
Here's Jason Kersey's blog on Samaje Perine's injury at Saturday's practice:
Oklahoma football: Samaje Perine suffers minor knee injury in Saturday practice
NewsOK.com

NORMAN — Oklahoma sophomore running back Samaje Perine suffered a minor knee injury during practice Saturday morning, coach Bob Stoops said during his media day news conference.
Stoops said another player bumped into Perine, injuring an outside ligament in his knee.
“It’s not significant,” Stoops said. “He’ll probably miss a day or two. It’s a minor bruise, sprain, whatever you want to call it.”
As a true freshman last season, Perine rushed for a Big 12-leading 1,713 yards and 21 touchdowns.
His injury will likely create more opportunity for new running backs Joe Mixon and Rodney Anderson. The Sooners also return junior Alex Ross, who rushed for 595 yards...

Item #2...Joe Mixon did NOT participate in Media Day...Frank Shannon DID...

My takeaway from all the pics I see on social media... It seems the Sooners are keeping Mixon away from the public. Just my observation.

From what I've read, Bob pretty much dodged the initial question in regards to the media being able to talk to Mixon. Bob eventually said "we'll see" in regards to media access to Mixon.

Something doesn't seem right about Bob's comment on Perine. Since when does he talk about player injuries on the same day that they happen? We ALWAYS have to wait a couple of days. I won't be surprised if we have a bomb dropped on us in a few days that Perine's injury is worse than first thought.

Something doesn't seem right about Bob's comment on Perine. Since when does he talk about player injuries on the same day that they happen? We ALWAYS have to wait a couple of days. I won't be surprised if we have a bomb dropped on us in a few days that Perine's injury is worse than first thought.
Perine actually had the leg amputated after a teammate bumped into it with a chainsaw. That won't matter though. He's not human. They'll just replace the part and he'll be good to go.

My takeaway from all the pics I see on social media... It seems the Sooners are keeping Mixon away from the public. Just my observation.

Your signature gif makes it difficult to read anything you post seriously. I'm always trying to figure out what the comedic rub is in all of your posts.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT