ADVERTISEMENT

Sooners in the NFL on fire today

Yes indeed, I hope Sterling Shepard has a chance to play, he has a lot of talent and heart. With Cruz playing, I hope he gets a chance.

Landry Jones (Steelers) – 19-of-22 for 206 yards, 1 TD & 0 INT

I've always known he had the tools. Looks like his third year maybe a charm. Those stats remind me of his Sooner glory days..........

Some said Landry looked better this weekend than they'd ever seen him in a black and gold jersey.

Plaino, you and I are old enough to remember the days when the NFL drafted college football quarterbacks with the purpose to bring them slowly along. They new it took three years before they gave up on a draftee. It looks like the Steelers maybe old school. They have hung in with Jones and I hope it works out for them.......

Now days many draft a Johnny Football and expect immediate results. That approach very rarely works, but sometimes an Andrew Luck proves me wrong......

Reactions: CTOkie
The days you're referencing excluded free agency. And college quarterbacks seldom threw the ball more than 15 times a game. It's a different game now. If you take three years protecting that guy while he learns, by that time, he's signed as a free agent elsewhere.

Green Bay kind of did that with Rodgers and it has served them well. Made Favre more than a little peeved, but it was the right long term move when they cultivated Rodgers and then gave him the job. But it's uncommon for a guy who has that talent. They're already talking about Sam just keeping the position warm until the number two draft pick gets ten weeks of clip board duty.

We'll see if the coaches play it that way.

Some said Landry looked better this weekend than they'd ever seen him in a black and gold jersey.

He was 1000 times better than last week. I hope he continues to improve and goes on to have a great season after Ben takes his annual injury vacation.

Reactions: K2C Sooner
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT