ADVERTISEMENT

Some Quick Thoughts

Indy_Sooner22

Gold Member
Nov 28, 2021
1. Not some ground-breaking revelation, but Hawk needs to be the guy moving forward. His mobility gives him a chance with this god-awful offensive line and he at least appears less turnover prone than JA. In a sense I feel for JA. Horrendous OL, non existent run game, underwhelming and below average receiving corps. Unless something changes in a hurry, I don’t see a path forward for JA. I honestly feel bad for him because this surrounding group and offense gives him minimal chance of success.

2. The offensive line is horrible. Not okay, not bad, they are horrendous. No movement at the point of attack in the run game. Getting absolutely blown off the ball in the pass game. I’ve never seen so many plays with offensive linemen on the ground as the play ends. Our tackles can’t move, our guards are weak, and Hickman was dominated all night. I get TN has a strong defensive front, but the performance from the OU OL is terrible.

3. If we are going to run split-zone and zone insert, for god’s sake, recruit and play a real H back. If I have to watch Bauer and Jake whiff and not even touch a defender on those schemes moving forward I’m going to lose my mind. Bauer is extremely disappointing.

4. What a defensive performance. Outside of Kani and Woodi, the defense was lights out all night. Really awesome performance top to bottom by the defense.

5. Still thinking 6 wins for this team. Maine is a W, pray we play well against Auburn and SC. Don’t see another win on the schedule.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.