ADVERTISEMENT

Some insight on the Spring Game vs the BBQ in recruiting scheme

SoA_7

Sooner starter
Jan 2, 2018
Like many on here I was a little disappointed in not hearing a bunch of commitments coming from the BBQ so I did some inquiring. There is a shift in how we are approaching the events and what they are meant for compared to under Bob.

With Bob, the BBQ was THE recruiting event outside of official visit gamedays. Bob made it an event to lock down that year’s recruiting class and get a jump on December early enrollee. With the change in the signee periods, Riley has made the Spring Game THE recruiting event of the year for that years upcoming recruiting class and the BBQ is to keep everyone committed, try and bring in a handful of remaining big name targets to close (didn’t happen with Dax but EVERYONE had a different feeling about him up to the week before the BBQ), and to begin work on the 2 upcoming classes.

What am I trying to say? Everything in recruiting has been moved up from the past. Moving forward, plan on big weeks after the Spring Game for that years recruiting class and the BBQ to be more focused on maintaining those commitments and working on the next two classes.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.