ADVERTISEMENT

So what is everyone doing Friday night in dallas?

Oct 6, 2014
Not sure is there any place to hang out, the sports animal says Humperdinck but seems like all really old people go there

Not sure is there any place to hang out, the sports animal says Humperdinck but seems like all really old people go there

Old people...isn't that special.

You'll get there young fellow, and if you're like me you'll silently resent young neophytes that use the term, 'old people'.

You have fun though.
Far be it for me to impede that one iota.

Something I've done before is get to Dallas early (by noon) and ask around Commerce street and the large hotels asking if anyone is aware of a good Sooner party. More often than not, you'll end up at a real party, one to remember.

Just be prepared for that opportunity.

Covering Arlington Seguin at Mansfield Legacy for the FW S-T. If I weren't, I'd offer a free place to sleep in return for somebody's extra. But I likely won't be home til after midnight, and not the fun the rest of you will be having.

Sports, in this case, Sooner Football brings people together with no mind to skin color, age, beliefs or pecking-order in society. It has always been that way. So you should be able to enjoy any public Sooner gathering, even if there are 'really old' people there.

But if you choose to filter out old people and just want to be with younger people, I'm sure there are many hot spots that will make you happy. But I doubt they will be Sooners-themed, unless you can find an OU-student party.

Be sure to spend your entire Saturday at the state fair. There is nothing like it. It's what a real state fair looks like.

Reactions: frou
Went to Humperdinks Friday night before the game 3 years ago,,,it was a GREAT before game hangout with plenty of 20 somethings there, but yeah, I fall into the old lane.:)

For the most part the West End is dead. They can't survive on a few sporting events a year and keep doors open. The next best string of hot spots is Greenville Ave. in Dallas. Its been awhile since I've been there but it always attracts large gatherings of Crimson and Cream. There are many different clubs and restaurants for the choosing.

Hallucinogenics use is already showing to reduce mental disease in most recent statistics.
That's why you remain the most loquacious word smith on the board.
I should be good well into my 100s if I make it.

Reactions: Soonersincefitty

FRIDAY - OCTOBER 9, 2015
The Beat Texas Party at the Hilton Lincoln Centre - The ALL Sooner Hotel!

There will be both young and old at this event at the Hilton. For a pep rally, the Friday night event is great. Only place to see the PRIDE and the Cheerleaders!!

The Party Starts at 8:00 but join us in the Upstairs Bar where the Festivities will start early!

Join us for Music, Great OU Vendors, Giveaways, and Special Appearances by The Pride of Oklahoma Marching Band, Sooner Spirit Squads, Ruf/Neks as well as Mascots Boomer & Sooner!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT