ADVERTISEMENT

So........ guess who I talked to last night

veritas59

Sooner starter
Gold Member
Nov 1, 2003
I'm in Cleveland on business this week and went to dinner with 3 colleagues last night at Crocker Park in West Lake. We were enjoying a pre-meal drink and the owner of the restaurant comes by and chats us up.. tells us if we hang around for awhile there will probably be some members of the Cleveland Browns come by. Says he was a life long Browns fan and pulls out his phone and his screen saver was a picture of Greg Pruitt. I told him that was a nice picture, but I liked him better when he was wearing #30 (he wore #34 with the Browns). He says, "yeah, he wore #30 at Oklahoma". I said yep and I'll bet you I can tell you something about your idol that you don't know, and I tell him the story about the Hello/Goodbye t-shirt he wore. He said no way, and I said "Well, if you ever see your idol, you can ask him about it". He proceeds to take his phone, hit the speed dial and the next thing I know, he's asking Greg Pruitt on his damn phone about the shirt. After my story is confirmed, he hands me the phone and I have a nice 5 or 6 minute conversation with Greg. Really nice guy and still a big OU fan. Said he's playing in Switzer's golf tourney this coming weekend and hopes to be done in time to watch the TCU game. After we got off the phone, I just shook my head and Bobby, the owner proceeds to show me tons of photos with him and Greg. Turns out they're good buddies.

You just never know who you're going to run in to. Oh, and dessert was on the house. It was a good night. :)

I'm in Cleveland on business this week and went to dinner with 3 colleagues last night at Crocker Park in West Lake. We were enjoying a pre-meal drink and the owner of the restaurant comes by and chats us up.. tells us if we hang around for awhile there will probably be some members of the Cleveland Browns come by. Says he was a life long Browns fan and pulls out his phone and his screen saver was a picture of Greg Pruitt. I told him that was a nice picture, but I liked him better when he was wearing #30 (he wore #34 with the Browns). He says, "yeah, he wore #30 at Oklahoma". I said yep and I'll bet you I can tell you something about your idol that you don't know, and I tell him the story about the Hello/Goodbye t-shirt he wore. He said no way, and I said "Well, if you ever see your idol, you can ask him about it". He proceeds to take his phone, hit the speed dial and the next thing I know, he's asking Greg Pruitt on his damn phone about the shirt. After my story is confirmed, he hands me the phone and I have a nice 5 or 6 minute conversation with Greg. Really nice guy and still a big OU fan. Said he's playing in Switzer's golf tourney this coming weekend and hopes to be done in time to watch the TCU game. After we got off the phone, I just shook my head and Bobby, the owner proceeds to show me tons of photos with him and Greg. Turns out they're good buddies.

You just never know who you're going to run in to. Oh, and dessert was on the house. It was a good night. :)

Score!

Switzer created a golf tourney on a Saturday, in the Fall? That's about as bad as getting married on a Saturday in the fall, but he has no excuse of a fiance' insisting on it....

Reactions: iasooner1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT