ADVERTISEMENT

Slim Pickens stadium is the village idiot of college stadiums......

soonerinlOUisiana

Sooner starter
May 29, 2004
Never mind the east-west configuration. Just watched the sights and sounds video and I do believe my high school gym had more space between the baseline and wall than that sad excuse of a facility has between the end zone and the wall. Baker actually hit the wall simply diving for the pylon. With all the emphasis on player safety nowadays, the NCAA needs to drop the hammer and make those hayseeds move that wall back about 15 feet. Hell, they only need that extra capacity once every other year anyway.

Perhaps the most ridiculous aspect of the stadium is the "1945 National Champions" banner in their endzone which is about as needy and pathetic as it gets. Based on their precedent, in 2087 they're going to petition and pay someone for the National Championship in 2011--of course they'll make a banner for that too.

Why do all aggies everywhere look the same? Not an attractive person in the stands when the camera shows them. With the exception of a few pretty cheerleaders and I think they bus those in from somewhere else, the people just look for lack of a better word, weird. Must be in the genes.

9.gif

Why do all aggies everywhere look the same? Not an attractive person in the stands when the camera shows them. With the exception of a few pretty cheerleaders and I think they bus those in from somewhere else, the people just look for lack of a better word, weird. Must be in the genes.

9.gif
Got to keep your strength up as you root for the loosing team.

9.gif
I did think the Cowboy cheerleaders were pretty.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT