ADVERTISEMENT

Six Sooners going to the Super Bowl!

Just a little boost in the whole situation. Joseph Ossai, whose brain dead late hit gave the Chiefs the 15 yards they needed to kick the game winning field goal, is a second year defender, who was a Longhorn. For those of us who were pulling for the Chiefs, it's just a little icing on the cake.

Just a little boost in the whole situation. Joseph Ossai, whose brain dead late hit gave the Chiefs the 15 yards they needed to kick the game winning field goal, is a second year defender, who was a Longhorn. For those of us who were pulling for the Chiefs, it's just a little icing on the cake.
No doubt about it Ossai went brain dead. Eagles are playing mistake free football though, have all season. I think it's Iggles-2 if I'm not mistaken.

Jalen Hurts' rise to prominence is really amazing. You have to wonder what would have happened if he had stayed as a backup at Alabama or transferred to a program that didn't allow him to substantially improve as a passer like he did at OU.

This was a bitter sweet moment. I was smiling because a longhorn mistake cost them the game. It was bitter because Joseph Ossai is a very good kid from Conroe, Texas. My sister and brother-in-law (high school assistant coach in Texas) live in Montgomery and knows the family. Immigrants from Nigeria that have worked their butts off to live the American dream.

Reactions: iasooner2000
I was told that Lane Johnson came to OU as a QB from Kilgore JC. He was pretty far down the rotation list of QBs. Rumor has it that Stoops told Lane that he would never see the NFL as a QB.......but, if he moved to the O-line and put on weight (75 lbs??). He was 6'6" and 250 at the time. He hit the weight room like a madman then he had a future. He was drafted Round 1, 4th pick.

Reactions: iasooner2000
Like it or not, LR made his career. He learned stuff at OU that got him drafted in the 2nd round. If he'd stayed at Bama, he would have been lucky to be drafted at all. But he was great at OU.
I agree. Jalen was able to tweak his dual threat abilities under TBOW'S pass happy offense. Definitely paying dividends. A qb rushing for 1300 yds while passing for almost 4000? I give TBOW some credit but Jalen's a gamer. 👍

I was told that Lane Johnson came to OU as a QB from Kilgore JC. He was pretty far down the rotation list of QBs. Rumor has it that Stoops told Lane that he would never see the NFL as a QB.......but, if he moved to the O-line and put on weight (75 lbs??). He was 6'6" and 250 at the time. He hit the weight room like a madman then he had a future. He was drafted Round 1, 4th pick.
He actually came to OU as a TE before making the move to the line

Reactions: Plainosooner
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT