ADVERTISEMENT

Six months...

WhyNotaSooner

Sooner starter
Gold Member
Nov 1, 2004
It's been six months since the unclogging of one of my fuel lines that leads to the old ticker and all is well. But really the purpose of this thread is to say that I'm proud to announce that it's also been six months since I've had a cigar hanging out of my mouth. From inhaling 3 to 4 cigars on a daily basis to quitting cold turkey, nada, zip... I'm feeling good about that as well. The meds have the blood pressure under control and man can I feel the difference.

:cool:

It's been six months since the unclogging of one of my fuel lines that leads to the old ticker and all is well. But really the purpose of this thread is to say that I'm proud to announce that it's also been six months since I've had a cigar hanging out of my mouth. From inhaling 3 to 4 cigars on a daily basis to quitting cold turkey, nada, zip... I'm feeling good about that as well. The meds have the blood pressure under control and man can I feel the difference.

:cool:

Congrats. I know it's not easy. And I doubt you were smoking cheap cigars, so your wallet is probably happy about the new lifestyle, as well. :)

Thanks V & you're correct. About $600/mo up in smoke and literally killing me. Foolish. Very, very foolish of me. :(

$600/month......that would have given me the Big One. Woozer! I can't match that but I have cut my daily dose of single malt down to practically nothing. I miss it but I can "think" better. Doc's orders. Sometimes you have to do what is best for your well being. So good to know that you are doing well, WNAS. Stay strong.

$600/month......that would have given me the Big One. Woozer! I can't match that but I have cut my daily dose of single malt down to practically nothing. I miss it but I can "think" better. Doc's orders. Sometimes you have to do what is best for your well being. So good to know that you are doing well, WNAS. Stay strong.

$153.00 / week. Fuente was my fav. Every Tuesday like clockwork I'd go buy a box of 25 from Spec's liquor. It was an expensive legal drug no doubt. I'm blessed to alive and so thankful I'm smoke free. Thanks everyone for the good words & support.

It is amazing how we (mankind) do things to our body that we "enjoy", but when we stop doing them, we feel so much better.
I stopped smoking 35 years ago (and gained about 75 pounds in the process). I, too, was able to stop cold turkey. Never had the urge again.
tjc mentions he gets the urge every now and again. I had a friend who told me that he had not smoked in 20 years, but had a craving for a cigarette every day of his life.
Only thing I can make of the difference is, I must have been addicted to the habit, but not to the nicotine. I understand kicking the nicotine addiction is very hard.

I shared this with K several weeks ago; the Mrs & I went to a wake/visitation recently (in-law thing). The gentlemen died of cancer, his 'farewell card' mentioned his love of smoking. At the sign-in table at the Funeral Home his Family had laid out several kinds of samples of his favorite cigars as "gifts" for his visitors of which I picked one of each to try. Strange. About like smoking cigs while in the hospital in the mid to late 70's which I used to do...

I quit smoking years ago. I was never one to smoke during the day but really enjoyed a cigarette along with a cocktail. Got the habit sitting in hotel lounges during my 4 days a week of traveling back in the 1970’s. I rarely even think about a cig but before I get to the point of not knowing what’s going on I plan to light up and enjoy a Macallan 18. It’s on my bucket list. At that point, what the hell. Lol

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT