ADVERTISEMENT

Should (or should not) we have a B12 (TV) network?

12375CAT

Sooner starter
Feb 15, 2012
KU_zpstp4lvjug.png

No. We should have an SEC or Big 10 network that features Sooners sports.

Man, if I could I would give you 666 likes on this post.........;)

Back to the subject. I've seen a ton of comments on why we should leave the B12 to the B1G and Pac10. Not one of them have addressed how it would work out for TV rights. We have a very strong presence with Fox Sports West. I like it and I don't want it to change.......JMO

Reactions: Section22Sooner
Sure we should have a Big XII Network and we would were it not for Texas. Every other power conference has shown that it is a money maker. What we have is nine schools willing to go that route and one that simply won't make the effort to do what is best for the whole conference. In the end, Texas will wind up being the death of the conference.

For the long term viability of the Big XII, The LN must be turned into a Big XII Network. There will be enough money for all, including the greedy longhorns. There will be plenty of Sooner programming, probably more than now is being shown on FSW.

Reactions: Schoonerman

Yes, I would love to see a B12 Network. But as long as the LHN exists, there will be no B12 Network. No way the horns are going to give up LHN or fold it into a B12 Network. I just don't see texas doing anything to help the conference that will not benefit them even more.

Living in DC, you have to go out of your way to catch 9/12 OU games. I can watch Indiana or Kentucky every single week, without so much as trying. Then you want to talk about Basketball - even further behind. The conference will also continue to fall behind monetarily without it's own network.

Definitely need to find a way to develop a Big12 network if this conference wants to stick around. More do or die than option...

Reactions: JConXtsy
Any Network that does not include Texas because of the LHN is destined to fail. TexASS has helped tremendously with the demise of the Big 12-2.

Deloss Dodds blocking the add of Louisville and Pitt and ESPN buying the LHN was the nails drivin into this coffin. Bebe and Bowlsby both lacked vision and were reactive not Pro active. Bowlsby flat out lied to everyone about adding more teams. Now when Boren calls him out on it he changes his story. And not one reporter at Big 12 Media days questioned Bowlsby about it.
OU can't get out soon enough if you ask me

Reactions: BolderHusker
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT