ADVERTISEMENT

Shep & Perine

Looks like we get 1000+ yds. out of both Shep and Perine this year. Mixon has thrown in some great TD plays too. What a difference a year makes....

Well, you're right, and not to pimp the point, well, maybe a little bit, you fans haven't seen anything yet!
This will be Bobs finest, most defining moment.

OU...for the lack of a better phrase...is the real deal. (see 2000)

Reactions: iasooner1
Throw in whatever Bake ends up with through the air-raid & with his legs and we may just have the magic number, dare I say it ?

Yep, I hear ya...this morning I 'eight' bacon and eggs, toast, jelly and washed it down with orange juice.
I took a nap...
Then I 'eight' two bacon, lettuce and tomato sandwiches.

I took another nap...
Then I 'eight' two massive burritos with a Margarita.

I got ya...:D

(I'd be my ideal weight if I were 10 feet tall)

Love ya Coach Stoops but...Thank God the QB zone read experiment is over!
It's not over, Mayfield can pass and Knight is just a thrower. Most Air-raids have and immobile QB, Riley lucky he got Mayfield, who can run the reads and scramble.

This offense isn't that much different from before structurally. We were running zone read before. We're running it now.

The primary difference is that we have Shep healthy, we have Samaje and Joe and Brooks offers something that is as good or better than Roy Finch. He's a nice change up. And then there is having the best playmaker at quarterback that we've had since Sam was a Sophomore. And he does things that Bradford couldn't do, especially on the run. And vice versa.

Had we not had to sit DGB and Mayfield and Joe last season, I suspect the defense would have been considerably more productive. But that's the thing. We are better this year because of it. Of course that lesson had to be, unfortunately, reinforced in Dallas. This is the beat OU team since 2008. They're better than the team that had to play without their top two middle linebackers and last year's best NFL running back against Florida. Not as good as the team in November when Box and Murray were still on the field.

And that offense was very similar to last season's. If you have great players, you can line em up a lot of different plays and beat really good teams, if you stay healthy. There is a chemistry here that is pretty great to watch.

Reactions: iasooner1
This offense isn't that much different from before structurally. We were running zone read before. We're running it now.

The primary difference is that we have Shep healthy, we have Samaje and Joe and Brooks offers something that is as good or better than Roy Finch. He's a nice change up. And then there is having the best playmaker at quarterback that we've had since Sam was a Sophomore. And he does things that Bradford couldn't do, especially on the run. And vice versa.

Had we not had to sit DGB and Mayfield and Joe last season, I suspect the defense would have been considerably more productive. But that's the thing. We are better this year because of it. Of course that lesson had to be, unfortunately, reinforced in Dallas. This is the beat OU team since 2008. They're better than the team that had to play without their top two middle linebackers and last year's best NFL running back against Florida. Not as good as the team in November when Box and Murray were still on the field.

And that offense was very similar to last season's. If you have great players, you can line em up a lot of different plays and beat really good teams, if you stay healthy. There is a chemistry here that is pretty great to watch.

Agree,many disagree. We ran the zone read when Sam and especially when LJ ran the offense. They just never kept the ball. When we committed to the "new" offense 3 years ago, the big difference was more QB running and more I-formation. Combine that with an inexperienced QB, less passing too, the first year.

But agree, not a lot different than last year...except a healthy AA WR and no I-formation. So a lot like last year,a and many previous years. ;)

Yeah, Josh kind of liked that Pistol formation a little too much for some of us. ... most of us. But then Samaje made that look pretty good when the other defense wasn't very good and it was really wet.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT