ADVERTISEMENT

Serious question. With the talent at our disposal on offense....

19lifesooner71

Sooner signee
Gold Member
Oct 16, 2010
GA
How can we have the most incompetent offense in the country? Obviously, the WR injuries have stunted us BUT

We have recruited very well
We have blue chippers all over the place on offense
We have way more NIL than 90% of teams out there

I'd love to ask these questions to the admins on this site, but there are just too many questions.

How do we not have a single offensive position group better than below average (D grade)?
How can our TE be SO bad at blocking?
How can our two blue chip QB's look worse than most non power QB's?
How do we not have ANY playmakers at ALL?
How is it that we have no real difference makers on the OLine?
How can we not have a single serviceable RB, with even avg. vision, that can hold on to the ball?
How can we be at the absolute bottom off college football in yards per play with all the athletic speed we have?
Maybe most damning...Why does everyone on offense look like they are scared to make a play?
Who is responsible for our offense completely flatlining after Lebby's departure?

This just doesn't make ANY sense. We've played some really shiity defenses this year and YET coming into today we were...

128/134 in yards per play
121/134 in yards per game
107/134 in rushing yards per play
117/134 in passing yards per game
122/134 in passing yards per attempt
130/134 in passing yards per completion!!
121/134 in total 3rd down conversions per game
128/134 in 3rd down conversion %

AND I'M GUESSING IT GOT WORSE TODAY!

I don't understand how this level of offensive putrescence is even possible with the athletes we have on the field. We absolutely have to be 134/134 in production from blue-chip players on offense in the country. Why are we getting nothing out of our players. Why has there been ZERO development. How is it that we haven't improved one ounce since the first of the year? How is it so obvious that there are no fixes in sight?

This all is mind boggling for how much effort we put into getting the best high schoolers in the country onto the field. We do the exact same thing on defense and we've become a amazing unit on that side. WTF is going on on offense???

I've never been one to say fire coaches, but I must say our offensive coaches are getting less production from the talent level at their disposal than any team in the country. BV NEEDS to do something ASAP.

DAMN...Sorry, I'm done venting

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.