ADVERTISEMENT

SCOOPHD: Sooners DL excited about 2017...

Eddie_Rado

Sooner starter
Staff
Jan 30, 2011
SCOOPHD with Mike Stoops, Neville Gallimore, Obo Okoronkwo and DJ Ward talking on a new outlook in the Sooners defensive line unit with a number of returning starters and a new interior defensive line coach in Ruffin McNeil.

* Talking to DJ Ward about being a senior makes me feel really, really old. Remember going by Lawton HS with @Josh_M to see him in high school before moving to the metro and the whole Southmoore transfer fiasco.

* Ward said he's lighter with the move to the 4-3 and it's something that he thinks will benefit him this season.

"I was really excited. It's what I've been wishing for. Hoping for. In the 3-4 I'll do what I have to do but this switch should fit me well. I don't have to be 280 pounds. I can be 260 and just play athletically. It's not much as a fight or grind as it was playing 3-4. We're still doing a little bit of both so I'll be prepared for both."

* the more you talk to the DEs the more you get the idea that the change in philosophy has been widely accepted.

* Obo Okoronkwo offers some interesting comments on the development of Neville Gallimore. You get the feeling the light has really 'come on' for Gallimore. Really could see him blowing up this season. Which is good news for you the fan. And bad news for the rest of the league.

giphy.gif

* End of the video also features Gallimore talking on frosh Tyreece Lott

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News