ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers considering a mascot change. Political correctness at its silliest......

CTOkie

Sooner starter
Sep 20, 2001
Portland Ct.
The Rutgers Student Assembly has decided to give its blue-eyed fair-skinned knight mascot some new "friends".....the university will add homosexual, female, transgender, and multiple racial incarnations of the Scarlet Knight to more accurately represent the student body.
Give....me....a....break.

Rutgers' student body is 53% female, 47% male. Evidently females are more "sensitive" to the "minorities". But to me, this isn't being sensitive....it's being ridiculous.

Reactions: Section22Sooner
The Rutgers Student Assembly has decided to give its blue-eyed fair-skinned knight mascot some new "friends".....the university will add homosexual, female, transgender, and multiple racial incarnations of the Scarlet Knight to more accurately represent the student body.
Give....me....a....break.

And they all have to ask permission before hugging each other.

If OU were to ever do anything like this, I mean besides the stupid horses, you guys will not have to worry about reading my rhetoric any more. I would cease to be a Sooner fan.

Frankly, I'm ready to secede.

And they all have to ask permission before hugging each other.

If OU were to ever do anything like this, I mean besides the stupid horses, you guys will not have to worry about reading my rhetoric any more. I would cease to be a Sooner fan.

Frankly, I'm ready to secede.
I would feel the same way Plaino. Hopefully I'll be dead and gone before anything like that happens.

Reactions: BillyRay
I can understand a movement to change a name like the "Redskins", or OU doing away with "Little Red" in 1970 when I was in my third year at OU, or Stanford changing from "Indians" to.....a tree (?)...but this latest move by Rutgers is over the top.

The day the do something like this is the day they can sell my season tickets to someone else.
I am sickened by all this sensitivity PC crapola.

The day the do something like this is the day they can sell my season tickets to someone else.
I am sickened by all this sensitivity PC crapola.
The school in Houston that my brother and I attended from 1956-60 had a Confederate soldier as its mascot, the St. John's Rebels....now they're the "Mavericks"....and now we no longer care.

There are widely varying social stances and beliefs here. We're Sooners-first on this message board.
Speak for yourself

You're right Barkingwater. Please allow me to correct my error. Here goes...

There are widely varying social stances and beliefs here. Most are here because we love the Sooners. We find common ground with Sooner sports. But like any community, there is the fringe element like Barkingwater who are here to do nothing more than stir things up.

Last edited:
You're right Barkingwater. Please allow me to correct my error. Here goes...

There are widely varying social stances and beliefs here. Most are here because we love the Sooners. We find common ground with Sooner sports. But like any community, there is the fringe element like Barkingwater who are here to do nothing more than stir things up.
Give it a rest 22. That got old about 2 years ago.

Reactions: BillyRay
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT