ADVERTISEMENT

Ricky DeBerry expected to transfer from OU

Carey Murdock

Sooner starter
Staff
Dec 6, 2001
Norman, OK
www.soonerscoop.com
UPDATE: Source close to DeBerry and his family has reached out to us to tell us Ricky will graduate this semester and transfer out of the program. Credit Bob on that one. So assuming that is accurate, DeBerry doesn't need a release, although he could still be restricted from transferring to certain schools. As happened to Dimel at Kansas State.

Guys,

I am not sure how this will work out for DeBerry but he has started contacting other schools out there about a transfer and I can confirm that he has been granted a release from OU. Obviously being on scholarship he is bound by Big 12 transfer rules. But I know he's been reaching out all over the country looking for a new home. I'm not sure he has any restrictions but we don't really know how Lincoln Riley will handle those things. He obviously let Robison go to Florida Atlantic with them on the schedule this year. So not sure he would block him from anywhere to be honest.

Our guess is he probably ends up at a Group of 5 school or lower. He has followed Missouri and Minnesota coaches Eddie noticed.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News