ADVERTISEMENT

REPORT CARD: Texas

Josh_M

Hall of Fame Poster
Jul 18, 2001
A High School Football Field Somewhere
OFFENSE:

QB: Spencer Rattler - 55 - Two bad turnovers (INT wasn't really on him, to be fair) but he just looked out of sorts the whole time.
RB: Kennedy Brooks - 96 - Was breaking tackles and was probably the difference in this game.
WR: Jadon Haselwood - 68 - Man that drop could have been fatal but thought he blocked pretty well down field.
WR: Marvin Mims - 97 - Mama. There. Goes. That. Man.
WR: Mike Woods - 84 - I'm not sure what game we're talking about if he doesn't make that catch on third down.
TE: Brayden Willis - 81 - Blocking was outstanding on the edge.
OT: Anton Harrison - 81 - I thought he got better as the game went on.
OG: Marquis Hayes - 82 - Looked better than I'd seen him this year.
C: Andrew Raym - 80 - Got beat BAD to the inside by Sweat (an emerging standout) but I thought was solid in a TOUGH situation.
OG: Chris Murray - 85 - I just love watching this dude work, one bad hold isn't enough to keep him down for me.
OT: Tyrese Robinson - 87 - Offensive line lost a step when he was out, impossible to miss.

Offense: Average: 80.5 (896)

DEFENSE:

DT: Isaiah Thomas - 96 - As consistently dominant as I've seen him.
NT: Perrion Winfrey - 89 - His best game of the season for Oklahoma.
DT: Josh Ellison - 74 - I can't say I saw much of him on the day.
RUSH: Nik Bonitto - 99 - He was rampant that was Okoronkwo vs. Ehlinger in 2016, he was just crushing people on the edge.
LB: DaShaun White - 78 - I thought he was solid, helped keep Thompson contained, not many 'big' plays though.
LB: Brian Asamoah - 87 - Like Winfrey, his best game of the year, INCREDIBLY active.
NB: Billy Bowman - 84 - Man I thought he played a very good game, was in good coverage most of the day.
CB: DJ Graham - 88 - It is not coincidence that NO ONE looks his way. Playing good football.
CB: Jaden Davis - 20 - I said it last week but this guy just isn't a starter.
S: Pat Fields - 71 - Was steady, not dominant but wasn't a target for Texas.
S: Delarrin Turner-Yell - N/A - Got hurt so early impossible to grade.

Defense Average: 78.6 (786)

SPECIAL TEAMS:

K: Gabe Brkic - 95 - Absolutely nails all day, kept Oklahoma hanging around.
P: Michael Turk - 96 -85 yards? 85 yards? That's not real.
KR: Mario Williams - 73 - One return that was just ok.
KR: Marvin Mims - N/A -
PR: Marvin Mims - N/A -

Special Teams Average: 95.5 (191)

Key Reserves:

QB: Caleb Williams - 93 - I think Jason White has real competition as the best RRS impromptu replacement in Sooners history.
RB: Eric Gray - 85 - Man, when the read stuff had a backside weapon Gray became a LOT scarier for Texas.
HB: Jeremiah Hall - 88 - When little was working in the first half, Hall was making plays.
WR: Mario Williams - 76 - Made some nice catches, still think they've got to find more chances for him.
LB: Danny Stutsman - 81 - Energy is just different when that dude is on the field.
LB: Caleb Kelly - 78 - A play that big ALMOST mitigates how much Texas took advantage of him in the run game early on.
CB: Latrell McCutchin - 60 - Bit of a shaky day but he needs to be out there getting more snaps, getting some rhythm. Did a better job with Worthy than Davis, by a lot.
S: Justin Broiles - 71 - Everyone will point to his mistakes and miss that he clearly was fighting through an injury and made some good tackles in space.

Reserves Average: 79 (632)

Team Average: 80.8 (2505)

My Team Grade:

Breakdown: Let's be honest it feels like Oklahoma found themselves in the second half when they outscored Texas 35-10, the defense was energized the offense was refinding playmakers that we'd been waiting all years to emerge. It's a borderline impossibility to not make that connection to putting Caleb Williams into the lineup. Perhaps that can be the catalyst for Oklahoma to truly start rolling. Because it they can play at that level, the second half of the season could be the Sooners running wild in the conference.

Now we've all seen too much of this team to assume we know how things will play out but the Sooners seem to be in great shape.

That defensive grade will be looked at funny and ignore that Oklahoma gave Oklahoma 21 points off just bad plays and short fields. Now you still have to make plays but Oklahoma's defense played well and largely shut down the best back in the country.

Scoring Standard:

100-82: Playoff Contender
82-74: Big 12 Title Contender
74-65: Bowl Game Participant
65-0: 'I'll be hoooome for Christmas

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News