ADVERTISEMENT

REPORT CARD: TCU

Josh_M

Hall of Fame Poster
Jul 18, 2001
A High School Football Field Somewhere
OFFENSE:

QB: Caleb Williams - 97 - Ummm....wow. You're going to ask me how does he get a 100 and I DON'T KNOW BUT HIS FIRST CAREER START CAN'T BE PERFECT, IT CAN'T.
RB: Kennedy Brooks - 87 - Was back to his steady Eddie self tonight.
WR: Jadon Haselwood - 91 - Nothing overly flashy but it's clear Williams has a lot of comfort with him.
WR: Marvin Mims - 86 - Lo and behold, the vertical passing game...'IT'S ALIVE, IT'S ALIVE'.
WR: Mike Woods - 87 - Man that run after the catch flashed a little more juice than I knew he had.
TE: Brayden Willis - 81 - Blocked well and helped Oklahoma in the passing game.
OT: Anton Harrison - 80 - I thought this was one of his better games of the year, some good work down the field.
OG: Marquis Hayes - 76 - Check that last touchdown run for Eric Gray.
C: Andrew Raym - 78 - He's getting better, thought the last two weeks showed growth. Line looks far less chaotic.
OG: Chris Murray - 83 - Really liked how well he was working in the run game.
OT: Tyrese Robinson - 60 - Really struggled with Ochaun Mathis but his injury didn't help.

Offense: Average: 82.2 (904)

DEFENSE:

DE: Reggie Grimes - 85 - One of the few linemen that I thought made a good impact.
NT: Perrion Winfrey - 77 - Had a few flashes but too few and far between honestly.
DT: Isaiah Thomas - 73 - Very sleepy night from him.
RUSH: Nik Bonitto - 83 - Bonitto should have had more on the stat sheet than he shows but wasn't dominant.
LB: DaShaun White - 70 - Had the fumble return that could have been such a huge play but it ended up being painful.
LB: Brian Asamoah - 88 - Another good night for him, tracking down Duggan on fourth down was impressive.
NB: Justin Broiles - 70 - I thought he tackled pretty well in space all night.
CB: DJ Graham - N/A - Left so early, it's tough to grade, OU needs him to come back.
CB: Billy Bowman - 53 - Tough introduction to being a starting corner, he'll get better but he did tackle well.
S: Pat Fields - 63 - Missed some tackles and looked a step slow to the ball a few times.
S: Key Lawrence - 71 - I thought Lawrence had a few good moments and made a nice play (that he should have finished for a TFL).

Defense Average: 73.3 (733)

SPECIAL TEAMS:

K: Gabe Brkic - 65 - Not his best night of the season.
P: Michael Turk - 92 - He almost kicks the ball too well.
KR: Mario Williams - XX -
KR: Marvin Mims - N/A -
PR: Marvin Mims - N/A -

Special Teams Average: 78.5 (157)

Key Reserves:

HB: Jeremiah Hall - 85 - Guy just makes a ton of quality football plays.
WR: Trevon West - 74 - Flashed some speed and playmaking on his one big catch.
LB: Danny Stutsman - 75 - I just love the motor and how you always end up seeing him on the field.
LB: David Ugwoegbu - 79 - His best game of the year by a mile.
CB: Latrell McCutchin - 77 - Nice strip and I thought McCutchin looked pretty steady.
CB: Josh Eaton - 72 - How do you rank that play where he did EVERYTHING right except finishing it?
S: Bryson Washington - 84 - Tackles and the savviest fair catch call I've ever seen on special teams.

Reserves Average: 78 (546)

Team Average: 78 (2340)

My Team Grade:

Breakdown: I'm honestly pretty happy where the team average came out but I thought the offense probably should have scored a bit higher and the defense a touch lower. It's just so difficult with the defense right now you've got one guy (or one position, anyway) getting brutalized and sure the pass rush isn't doing a lot to help the spot but you can't knock an entire defense for one spot struggling.

So it's kind of a weird ranking setup. The good news is that it feels like Oklahoma is getting things figure out at linebacker and the safeties/nickels are playing decent football. If Oklahoma can get healthy at cornerback they might stand a chance to get back to where we all thought they might be a few months ago.

Scoring Standard:

100-82: Playoff Contender
82-74: Big 12 Title Contender
74-65: Bowl Game Participant
65-0: 'I'll be hoooome for Christmas

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News