ADVERTISEMENT

REPORT CARD: Kansas State

Josh_M

Hall of Fame Poster
Jul 18, 2001
A High School Football Field Somewhere
OFFENSE:

QB: Spencer Rattler - 92 - I'll say it, situation considered, his best game as a Sooner. And that throw to end the first half? DAAANG.
RB: Eric Gray - 81 - Had some strong moments, I think they are doing a nice job finding his role.
WR: Jadon Haselwood - 73 - Thought he blocked pretty well but a quiet day in general.
WR: Marvin Mims - 87 - There's the guy we all recognize, made some plays and the Sooners got him involved in BOTH halves.
WR: Mike Woods - 76 - Still would like him to get more touches but I get that it's tough when teams are going on these enormous drives.
TE: Brayden Willis - 82 - Thought he had his best game of the year.
OT: Anton Harrison - 60 - I won't pretend I thought he was the same problem as last week (at first glance) but MAAAN run game changed when he went out.
OG: Marquis Hayes - 73 - Really up and down today, thought he showed flashes of being himself though.
C: Andrew Raym - 72 - REALLY struggled early but got better as the game wore on.
OG: Chris Murray - 80 - Had a bad penalty but largely was his steady self.
OT: Tyrese Robinson - 71 - Had two COSTLY penalties.

Offense: Average: 77 (847)

DEFENSE:

DT: Isaiah Thomas - 89 - Boy when he showed up, he showed up absolutely huge for the Sooners.
NT: Perrion Winfrey - 76 - Was largely mitigated in this one. But man did he get grabbed a few times.
DT: Josh Ellison - 80 - I really liked his day, very solid, made some plays.
RUSH: Nik Bonitto - 91 - He's so good you almost don't notice it sometimes.
LB: DaShaun White - 55 - I can't say I saw him doing anything that wasn't a coverage problem.
LB: Brian Asamoah - 68 - I liked the speed he is playing with but coverage, again, is an issue.
NB: Billy Bowman - 82 - Man that third down stop was big-time, but had a rough slant surrender on that third down.
CB: DJ Graham - 78 - BADLY missed a tackle that sprung a big play in the 4th but coverage was strong on the day.
CB: Jaden Davis - 60 - I thought he got picked on and I think that's a pattern.
S: Pat Fields - 65 - Got picked on in the passing game.
S: Justin Broiles - 60 - Took a horrible angle on a fourth and goal for Kansas State but had some physical play.

Defense Average: 73.1 (804)

SPECIAL TEAMS:

K: Gabe Brkic - 96 - Dude is just nails and that KOR had nothing to do with him.
P: Michael Turk - N/A -
KR: Mario Williams - N/A -
KR: Marvin Mims - N/A -
PR: Marvin Mims - 60 - Man, not fielding the one punt was just a brutal decision.

Special Teams Average: 78 (156)

Key Reserves:

RB: Kennedy Brooks - 93 - How is he not leading this team in carries? There's just no doubt it's cleaner when he is out there.
WR: Mario Williams - 82 - Really liked what he is doing, guy is a playmaker that needs touches.
WR: Drake Stoops - 87 - Eddie's guy is 'steady Eddie', just makes plays.
DE: Reggie Grimes - 77 - Great tackle to knock the ball loose and was very active all day.
LB: David Ugwoegbu - 50 - So bad, just a game he'll want to forget. He's just trying to do too much to me.
CB: Latrell McCutchin - 71 - Not his biggest day but he should be a first teamer at corner.
S: Key Lawrence - 63 - HORRIBLE dropped INT, just horrible but had some solid plays in the run game - though he also had a bad miss.

Reserves Average: 74.7 (523)

Team Average: 75.2 (2336)

My Team Grade: 77

Breakdown: I honestly thought some individual scores kept this from being a better performance and grade than it should have been. I thought by and large this was Oklahoma's best performance of the year but when you're busting coverages and getting awful penalties up front it's just going to hurt you. EVERY time it looked like Oklahoma was ready to take momentum of that game they'd give it right back on a costly mental error.

There is a lot Oklahoma can take from this game and feel good about, notably the ground game showed flashes of life - and KSU has been strong against the run - and Spencer Rattler and Marvin Mims got going tonight.

Scoring Standard:

100-82: Playoff Contender
82-74: Big 12 Title Contender
74-65: Bowl Game Participant
65-0: 'I'll be hoooome for Christmas

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.