ADVERTISEMENT

REPORT CARD: Bedlam

Josh_M

Hall of Fame Poster
Jul 18, 2001
A High School Football Field Somewhere
OFFENSE:

QB: Caleb Williams - 84 - The fumble was dangerous in the third but largely showed up HUGE without much help from his OL.
RB: Kennedy Brooks - 89 - Man, this guy showed up in a big way and would have had a lot more if not for some unfortunate penalties.
WR: Jadon Haselwood - 72 - Great blocking downfield but he's just not making plays in the passing game.
WR: Marvin Mims - 60 - He seems to have reentered witness protection.
TE: Jeremiah Hall - 84 - Made some big plays for the Sooners and had a huge role.
TE: Austin Stogner - 85 - Was the closest we saw all year to his early 2020 self.
OT: Anton Harrison - 45 - Man, he just got abused, particularly late, in this one.
OG: Marquis Hayes - 50 - Didn't catch my eye much in either direction, probably just lumping him in with the entire OL.
C: Robert Congel - 60 - The early snap was a problem OU didn't end up paying too much for but I thought he was ok for much of the game.
OG: Chris Murray - 35 - Awful, just an ugly performance though the penalty remains ridiculous.
OT: Tyrese Robinson - 55 - Struggled early but was a little better as the game wore on.

Offensive Average: 65.4 (719)

DEFENSE:

DE: Isaiah Thomas - 79 - Solid enough but kind of a quiet night for the big man.
NT: Perrion Winfrey - 91 - Penalties hurt OU but he was pretty monstrous. That was the guy we thought OU would get all season.
DT: Jalen Redmond - 87 - Very disruptive and gave OSU's run game some problems. Why was he not there on the last goal line play?
RUSH: Nik Bonitto - 92 - Man, he was dangerous - wonder if that was the last time we see him in the uniform.
LB: DaShaun White - 75 - Just a steady performance, about what we've come to expect.
LB: Brian Asamoah - 93 - Another guy who probably is playing out, at best, his second to last game and was everywhere.
NB: Justin Broiles - 76 - OSU wasn't able to attack him in the way some others have.
CB: Woodi Washington - 90 - Loved how much he competed in this one, guy could be headed for a huge 2022.
CB: D.J. Graham - 73 - Did he come back in later in the game and I missed it?
S: Pat Fields - 68 - Got called in space far too often.
S: Delarrin Turner-Yell - 84 - Thought he was playing well before going out.

Defensive Average: 83.5 (918)

SPECIAL TEAMS:

K: Gabe Brkic - 81 - Hit a field goal but kickoffs were a little shaky.
P: Michael Turk - 90 - Just absolutely ripped the ball all night.
KR: Mario Williams - N/A
KR: Marvin Mims - N/A
PR: Eric Gray - 0 - Awful, just awful.

Special Teams Average: 57 (171)

Key Reserves:

WR: Mario Williams - 82 - Why does the guy just make play after play and only seems to get the ball in weird spurts?
DE: Ethan Downs - 76 - Thought he missed some things but no denying that he made some real plays.
DB: Keyshawn Lawrence - 79 - Man, that would-be pick six might have put the game on ice.
DB: Billy Bowman - 83 - Thought he had some very good moments and he flashed his big future.

Reserves Average: 80 (320)

Team Average: 73.4 (2128)

My Team Grade:

Breakdown: I know this game was so close to going Oklahoma's way but I just can't get over how undisciplined and seemingly unaware this team, at every level, seems to be of the stakes week in and week out.

It wasn't an awful performance, there was plenty to like but the untimely turnovers, the inability to adapt, the repeated playcalling decisions that seem to make no sense. It's just track No. 12 in Oklahoma's enigmatic 2021 album.

I think you all will always look back and wonder what the hell happened with this team, maybe we'll have some answers but I can't lie part of me hopes that wasn't the last Big 12 game you all get to see with Oklahoma involved. It feels like such a rotten way to go out with how things played out near the end.

Scoring Standard:

100-82: Playoff Contender
82-74: Big 12 Title Contender
74-65: Bowl Game Participant
65-0: 'I'll be hoooome for Christmas

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News