ADVERTISEMENT

Remaining Season Prognosis

80908Sooner

Gold Member
Aug 31, 2023
Good morning Sooner friends. Sooner born and bred longtime lurker here. Holieway to Jackson in the ‘85 OB stole my heart as a 9 year old growing up in Lawton and have been hooked on Sooner Magic ever since.

Moved to CO following college in the 90s and have made my life here. But, my family and I have made it to Dallas or Norman or places between (Boulder and Lincoln and Stoolwater now in a different life) once a year.

This year’s trip was this past weekend back to OklaHOMEa. What an incredible atmosphere Saturday was, in Gaylord, on campus, in and around the Corner…this move to the SEC was the shot in the arm this fan base deserved and needed IMHO. No more trying to get hyped playing basketball schools on the gridiron.

My thoughts on the game and our season thus far: in a nutshell, like so many of you, the frustration is significant balancing the joy of finally getting to appreciate an elite defense with what is an inexplicably bad O.

BUT comma space I will opine this: if Jr. had started the entire game, we’d be undefeated this morning. I see nothing in retrospect to indicate otherwise. His impact on the flow and effectiveness of the offense was obvious IMO.

To that point: we certainly have significant challenges remaining in the schedule, but me thinks our defense will contain ANYone we play and, combined with even a marginal offensive effort each game (20-30 points), we should have a legitimate shot to win out the regular season.

So, from a lurker to now a poster, take my pointed pontifications for what they’re worth. BOOMER.

Reactions: keithppd
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.