ADVERTISEMENT

Regarding the Houston and tOSU game and others..

OU goes undefeated and wins the NC. I don't give a rats ass about what the rest of you think.........Oh.......and we beat everyone we play by 20+ to set a new NCAA records for points, yards per game, and lead all defensive categories.:p Just put that in you pipe and smoke it!!!

Well I'll say one thing for you, you have to have the biggest set of balls in the town you live. But, damn I like your energy and I'm excited to see it happen. Boomer, trademarks.

Reactions: K2C Sooner
Well I'll say one thing for you, you have to have the biggest set of balls in the town you live. But, damn I like your energy and I'm excited to see it happen. Boomer, trademarks.

He doesn't live in the same town of bullmarket.....I still miss the guy.

I always went into the games in the Blake years with a boat load of new curse words. I was a very big supporter of the John Blake hire. Mainly because Switzer was behind it. I could not believe how bad his teams were, especially with the experienced coaching staff he put together.

It could be urban legend, but did anyone else hear that the reason Switzer pimped Blake for the OU HC job is he just flat wanted him gone from the Cowboys?

Perhaps a little 'last word' to OU for firing him?
Not trying to start a firestorm, I've heard both of those takes however.

(be gentle...:eek:

It could be urban legend, but did anyone else hear that the reason Switzer pimped Blake for the OU HC job is he just flat wanted him gone from the Cowboys?

I never heard that. I did hear some concerns about not being a coordinator before he was hired. He was way over his head. We couldn't even decide on a Q-B, let alone his special teams. Like I said, he had some great coaches on that staff. Where were they?

I always went into the games in the Blake years with a boat load of new curse words. I was a very big supporter of the John Blake hire. Mainly because Switzer was behind it. I could not believe how bad his teams were, especially with the experienced coaching staff he put together.

The only time I laughed during a Blake era game, I was sitting in the student section behind this rather large (fat) frat boy. He had smuggled some sort of alcohol in, plus he was already sloshed. After every dumbass play we made, this guy would just clap by himself, nod his head up and down, and repeat, "I can respect that. I can respect that." He literally did this the entire game. He was committed to his schtick. It went from amusing to annoying to impressive to hilarious. It was beaten into my brain, and I couldn't help from doing it myself while watching Blake era games thereafter.

Reactions: BillyRay
I never heard that. I did hear some concerns about not being a coordinator before he was hired. He was way over his head. We couldn't even decide on a Q-B, let alone his special teams. Like I said, he had some great coaches on that staff. Where were they?

Weren't Dick Winder and Rex Ryan?

This describes me as well. I lived outside of Oklahoma in those days in the military. But I kept my Sooners Illustrated subscription up and every season I expected Blakes teams to turn the corner and get back to playing for titles again. Maybe living in other states I wasn't able to watch OU play kept me from seeing just how bad the teams looked on the field. It was rough being an OU fan outside of Oklahoma those days too. It was time for schools to beat up on OU while they were down, and I took my fair share of it when I wore my OU stuff in those days.

The only time I laughed during a Blake era game, I was sitting in the student section behind this rather large (fat) frat boy. He had smuggled some sort of alcohol in, plus he was already sloshed. After every dumbass play we made, this guy would just clap by himself, nod his head up and down, and repeat, "I can respect that. I can respect that." He literally did this the entire game. He was committed to his schtick. It went from amusing to annoying to impressive to hilarious. It was beaten into my brain, and I couldn't help from doing it myself while watching Blake era games thereafter.

My worst memory of the Blake era was going to Norman on a very cold day to watch Kansas State beat OU up and down the field AND having no problem finding good parking plus seeing game tickets under car windshield wipers for the taking. I was serious depressed to the point my wife almost left me until the season was over. Tonight is our 49th anniversary so it all worked out.

I've heard that too, as well as it was a way for Switzer to get back at Donnie Duncan as well with sending Blake up that way.

Reactions: Huntin Hard
My worst memory of the Blake era was going to Norman on a very cold day to watch Kansas State beat OU up and down the field AND having no problem finding good parking plus seeing game tickets under car windshield wipers for the taking. I was serious depressed to the point my wife almost left me until the season was over. Tonight is our 49th anniversary so it all worked out.

Happy anniversary.
In 1997, I moved out of the dorms (Walker Tower) into a house on Trout Ave right at the entrance to Sarkey's parking lot. My roommates and I were ecstatic about getting such a close home to the campus as we were going to pay our entire year's rent from parking cars in our lot at $20/pop!
Man, we ended up selling maybe 4 or 5 spots a game at like $5/spot. Plus, we had to give our customers free beer from our keg and let them use our restroom. What a buzz kill.
We did have one couple offer us a handful of grass from their giant bag. They even let us get the handful. That was awfully nice of them.

I've heard that too, as well as it was a way for Switzer to get back at Donnie Duncan as well with sending Blake up that way.

I always thought Donnie Duncan and Switzer were tight? Maybe not as much as he was with Lacewell's wife......I can't believe I typed this....:(

Happy anniversary.
In 1997, I moved out of the dorms (Walker Tower) into a house on Trout Ave right at the entrance to Sarkey's parking lot. My roommates and I were ecstatic about getting such a close home to the campus as we were going to pay our entire year's rent from parking cars in our lot at $20/pop!
Man, we ended up selling maybe 4 or 5 spots a game at like $5/spot. Plus, we had to give our customers free beer from our keg and let them use our restroom. What a buzz kill.
We did have one couple offer us a handful of grass from their giant bag. They even let us get the handful. That was awfully nice of them.

Oh my JCon, that made me actually 'laugh out loud'.
When you get my age you don't laugh much...the occasional smirk...maybe.

Thanks, Mr MDMA handle guy!:p

Reactions: JConXtsy
JCon, I've never come so close to doing drugs until that season. That is a sad story and I'm sorry that Blake screwed up what typically would have been a sweet deal for you. Thanks for the good wishes.

Reactions: JConXtsy
Oh, I get that.
I actually did a bunch of drugs, legal and illegal to get through that bleak (Blake) period of OU football.
I was a mess. I took it way more personally then than I do now.

Fortunately Bob Stoops came along and saved me from rehab.

No kidding...the truth.:(

Yeah, we're all lucky that Bob was selected to take over. Up until Blake, I had always felt Gomer Jones was the worse HC for OU even more so than Howard. At at least Gomer had been a great assistant as was Gary Gibbs. Gomer and Gary deserve our respect. They earned it, but damn John Blake was just terrible.

I always thought Donnie Duncan and Switzer were tight? Maybe not as much as he was with Lacewell's wife......I can't believe I typed this....:(
They very well could be and I'm wrong. But I just remember hearing that back in the day about Switzer and Donnie not parting on great terms when Switzer resigned. Maybe someone else can say whether that is true or not.

They very well could be and I'm wrong. But I just remember hearing that back in the day about Switzer and Donnie not parting on great terms when Switzer resigned. Maybe someone else can say whether that is true or not.

You know, what's ironic in this deal is, Switzer, the devil himself is one of the few players still alive in this melodrama.

That's cool to me...you go King!:D

(live long and be evil...evil backwards is LIVE!)

Okay I asked over on the pay board, and a poster chimed in and gave a definitive account about how the rumors I heard over the years about Switzer and Donnie having a rift over how Switzer left are completely false.

Okay I asked over on the pay board, and a poster chimed in and gave a definitive account about how the rumors I heard over the years about Switzer and Donnie having a rift over how Switzer left are completely false.

Citizens Arrest................You posted something from the pay board? HA!;)

Citizens Arrest................You posted something from the pay board? HA!;)
I wish I could copy/paste the guys entire post...or several posts. It was great info. But not sure how the admin treat that kind of stuff since it's posted on the pay board by a member, and not technically "premium information" that is posted by the admin and mods as specifically premium access material. Cuz nothing would prevent that member from coming over here and posting the exact same information that he responded with in my thread.

ttempt at paste..

divMinimize.gif

Sports
Football
NFL College Arena NFL Props College Props CFL Futures NCAA Football Futures NFL Futures
Basketball
NBA Euroleague Argentina Brazil Bulgaria Czech Republic Denmark Greece Italy NBA Props Reduced Live In-Play Europe Futures WNBA Futures
Baseball
MLB Props Reduced Live In-Play
Hockey

Live Lines*
Select a sport to view its lines
Login for the most current lines

Line Format: American | Decimal
Football College Spread Money Line Total Points
California vs Hawaii, in Sydney - Saturday, August 27, 2016 12:00 PM
101 California -24 -120
102 Hawaii +24 -120
South Carolina at Vanderbilt - Thursday, September 01, 2016 12:00 PM
103 South Carolina -3 -120
104 Vanderbilt +3 -120
Oregon State at Minnesota U - Thursday, September 01, 2016 12:00 PM
105 Oregon State +6 -120
106 Minnesota U -6 -120
Kansas State at Stanford - Friday, September 02, 2016 12:00 PM
151 Kansas State +18½ -120
152 Stanford -18½ -120
Colorado vs Colorado State, in Denver - Friday, September 02, 2016 12:00 PM
153 Colorado -6 -120
154 Colorado State +6 -120
Boston College vs Goergia Tech, in Ireland - Saturday, September 03, 2016 7:30 AM
201 Boston College +2½ -120
202 Georgia Tech -2½ -120
Clemson at Auburn - Saturday, September 03, 2016 12:00 PM
203 Clemson -9½ -120
204 Auburn +9½ -120
North Carolina vs Georgia, in Atlanta - Saturday, September 03, 2016 12:00 PM
207 North Carolina +4½ -120
208 Georgia -4½ -120
Oklahoma at Houston U - Saturday, September 03, 2016 12:00 PM
209 Oklahoma -7½ -120
210 Houston U +7½ -120
Missouri at West Virginia - Saturday, September 03, 2016 12:00 PM
211 Missouri +7 -120
212 West Virginia -7 -120
LSU vs Wisconsin, in Green Bay - Saturday, September 03, 2016 12:00 PM
213 LSU -10 -120
214 Wisconsin +10 -120
BYU vs Arizona, in Glendale - Saturday, September 03, 2016 12:00 PM
215 BYU -1½ -120
216 Arizona +1½ -120
UCLA at Texas A&M - Saturday, September 03, 2016 12:00 PM
217 UCLA +3 -120
218 Texas A&M -3 -120
USC vs Alabama, in Arlington - Saturday, September 03, 2016 12:00 PM
219 USC +13 -120
220 Alabama -13 -120
Rutgers at Washington U - Saturday, September 03, 2016 12:00 PM
221 Rutgers +20½ -120
222 Washington U -20½ -120
Notre Dame at Texas - Sunday, September 04, 2016 12:00 PM
301 Notre Dame -6 -120
302 Texas +6 -120
Mississippi vs Florida State, in Orlando - Monday, September 05, 2016 12:00 PM
401 Mississippi +10 -120
402 Florida State -10 -120

Last edited:
Okay, my "A"ttempt at doing a copy and paste edit erased my original message. I'll try again on this response.

OU opens as a 7.5 favorite in early betting on the 5 dimes.com Vegas site. That's not far off of the nine I predicted in the OP. texas opens a 6 point dog vs. ND. WVU opens a 7 pointer against Missouri.

Props to BigSkySooner for the original link................

Last edited:
Houston will have last recruiting season's five star defensive tackle, who was one of the country's top 20 players and top three defensive tackles. Who knows if he'll start, but he'll likely be in the rotation. Some think he would have been at a higher rank had he gone to an SEC school.

Houston lost their best defensive back, who was an NFL first round pick. So they'll be like us. They'll have lost a few and added a few. I'd think a lot of how that game goes will depend on how many OU fans show up at NRG Stadium. Houston is not typically a great college football town. But with their performance last season, and OU coming to town, there might be a major local turnout. That might not be helpful. We'll see.

OU and Bama have the toughest schedules next season. If you win them, it puts you in a great place, but who knows. Both the UH and tOSU games are likely to be highly contested. Two of OU's toughest five games of the season, are likely those in the first three weeks of the season. Breaking in a mostly new receiving corps and a bunch of new guys on defense, especially at linebacker, might not make such challenges, great for two of the first three games. And we haven't exactly been great in neutral site games in Texas domes in season openers.

And this won't exactly be a neutral site.

OU, as has been the case during Stoops' time, can pull off a big win or two each season and then get ambushed in games in which it is favored, as what happened against Colorado, Texas Tech, Missouri, O-State, K-State, TAMU, etc....not to mention Texas in 2013 and 2015.
2016 has the potential to turn out the same way.....OU could beat Houston and Ohio State, then lose away to TCU, or Texas in Dallas....and the late game at West Virginia in November has the potential to be a trap game as well.
And of course, all this means nothing if Mayfield goes down.

Happy 49th!

49 years.....Sounds like things are getting serious between you two.

": CFB Games of the Year went live in Vegas. #Sooners related: OU (-9) vs tOSU, OU (-14) vs Texas, OU (-12.5) OSU".

I found this quote on another site. The line comes from WagerTalk.com out of Vegas. It also had OU -8 against Houston. Looks like my OP was not to shabby for a homer. :D

Edit: It wasn't in my OP, but a reply to Schooner.

Last edited:
": CFB Games of the Year went live in Vegas. #Sooners related: OU (-9) vs tOSU, OU (-14) vs Texas, OU (-12.5) OSU".

I found this quote on another site. The line comes from WagerTalk.com out of Vegas. It also had OU -8 against Houston. Looks like my OP was not to shabby for a homer. :D

Edit: It wasn't in my OP, but a reply to Schooner.

So no replies? You guy's were liking each others post on how I was off on my predictions and being a "homer". Vegas agrees with me. I think they read my predictions...HA!

OU opens at 8 against UH....I predicted 9.

OU opens at 9 vs tOSU. I predicted 9, but still say 14.

How do you like me now?

Sarc post............

Prolly because predictions and setting lines on games this time of year is about as irrelevant as it can get. Even less relevant that preseason Top 25 polls.

You have to start somewhere. Injuries in fall practice and defections very well may effect it.......................

OSU will be talented based on "recruiting" but very young and inexperienced. Playing early in Norman will be tough. As a Buckeye fan I think it may even be more beneficial in the long run to lose early in a non-conf game, especially against a NC contender than to win.

I could see an early lead by the Sooners, then if the young team implodes
it ends up a 20 point win for you guys, or maybe the young Buckeyes come back to get it close before making a costly mistake near the end and lose by touchdown. If the latter happens the Buckeyes may get a chance to get into the playoffs where we could meet again. If it's a 20 point loss then I could see a 2-3 loss season but with a chance to get revenge in 2017.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT