ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Boost (Advantage)

hermans

Sooner starter
Dec 20, 2004
I wrote some of this in another thread, but I really wanted it to have its own thread to get you all's input/thoughts..
How could our recruiting not improve? We get Cali kids who know full well that they will not play in front of their families. We have had some recent recruiting wins in Georgia, Mississippi and Louisiana. Think about what happens when OU walks into a living room able to offer immediate playing time in the best conference in the country and in front of said recruit's family? Imagine being able to tell the best talent in Kansas and Oklahoma, we give you a chance to play for championships in the best conference in the country and develop you for the NFL. Imagine OU being able to go into a kid's home in Dallas/FTW and Austin and telling them you can play in the best conference in the country, win championships and get drafted in the league.. How do you not improve recruiting? The key to this move being extremely successful would be parting ways with the longhorns. If we move with the longhorns to me NOTHING changes in recruiting for us.
For those who think we will be slaughtered on the field by moving to the conference, think again. I know you guys like to think we are garbage because we don't win the conference every year or play for championships every year, but think about it realistically... What other team in the SEC not named Alabama has the hardware that we do? UF? Nope. A&M? Nope. Lsu? Nope. Tenn? Nope.. Ole piss/miss state? Nope.. Georgia? Nope. Auburn? Nope. Vandy/Kentucky/S. Carolina? Nope.. We move to the SEC and we become #2 in the conference in hardware.. Yes, it is about what have you done for me lately with recruits, but it's also about educating recruits on your tradition and history. We never get a chance with elite Southeastern talent, because we are not in the conference, but put us in the conference with Bama and we now get them on campus. Kids love the bling, the love the banners and kids love the color red/crimson (thanks cash money/young money.. haha).. Our stadium holds 90k now with renovations coming.. Think about this for a moment.. Mizzu and A&M have been successful on the field in the sec.. Able to do things in the SEC that they barely could do it the lowly big 12 and you really think we won't/can't? Will we get our shit pushed in a few times? hell yeah, but what would we look like with top 6 recruiting classes 3 years in a row? I think getting our asses handed to us a couple times in the SEC would be well worth it in 3 years... Thoughts??

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News