ADVERTISEMENT

Recruit the kids that " get it"

sooner freeze

Walk-on candidate
Jun 4, 2003
I have read on this board for years that the state of OK doesn't produce the amount of talent year end and year out and therefore we have to recruit outside the state to make up the difference.
Time to focus on kids from OK and Texas that "get it" and have a passion and love for OU. How the "F" do you come out flat and Uninspired against Texas? Kids whom have grown up in homes raised to bleed Crimson and Cream know better. OU has abandoned OK high school football and their arrogance is making the program mediocre.
We have OL in this state this year that the OU staff is blowing off for other kids in other states that will most likely not choose to come here in the end or will bust.
You are telling me that the Fredrick kid from Broken Arrow or the Brown kid from Lexington, kids in our back yard are less of a option than a kid from Maryland or some other place? Why did it take OU so long to jump on the Moore kid at John Marshall? How bout the kid from Stroud?
All those kids are getting looks from other schools. TCU thought enough about the kid from Lexington .
I would rather see OU get those kids from OK that understand the tradition and have that passion for their school and their state and "get it" when it comes to games like OU/Texas.
Our last national championship team had how many kids from Oklahoma kids starting on it? Just saying...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.