ADVERTISEMENT

Rank The Big XII

bcsoonerfan

Sooner starter
Aug 7, 2007
1. Baylor - IMO they get the top spot for their offensive firepower. Seth Russell is finding his groove and Corey Coleman and KD Cannon might be the best WR combo in the nation. Shock Linwood can do it all and they appear to have a quality offensive line. Their defense is atrocious but to date nobody in the conference has proven much on that side of the ball.

2. Oklahoma - Still think the Sooners have the most overall talent and depth but haven't put it all together. With sloppy play all over and a shaky offensive line, OU has things to work on every week. This team has a lot of heart doesn't appear to have any "quit" in them. They should be favored in every game until Baylor but there are teams capable of knocking them off between now and then.

3. TCU - A load of injuries has set them back on defense and until the last two weeks the offense looked out of sync. It's hard to read to much into the offensive outbursts against Texas and Texas Tech considering the weakness of their defenses.

4. Oklahoma State - Pokes are living dangerously but appear to have the best defense in the Big XII and enough on offense to become really dangerous if they get it together.

5. West Virginia - Mountaineers have a lot of pieces but don't have the quarterback to win the shootouts. I don't think they'll win the conference but they'll jump up and bite someone in the ass and play a role in the final outcome.

6. Kansas State - Another team that has dealt with injuries and a lot of turnover from last season. Lacking a big play maker on offense and key holes on defense, the Wildcats won't be a pushover but won't be able to keep up on the scoreboard with the top of the conference.

7. Texas Tech - Plenty of offensive play makers and a solid quarterback, but a sad excuse for a defense. Dangerous team but it looks like the typical collapse is on in Lubbock.

8. Iowa State - As usual, they lack the talent to compete for 4 quarters but they go ahead of Texas because they've yet to show they are quitters.

9. Texas - What an absolute shame going on down in Austin. Can they fall any further? There are some talented young guys but there is no discipline or teamwork. Can they get past 3 wins?

10. Kansas - Kansas gonnna Kansas.

Reactions: K2C Sooner
bc, I agree with most of your rankings, but made just a few changes.

1. Baylor, I know their defense sucks. but good friggen lord that offense is just ridiculous.
2. TCU, they had a ton coming back on offense. still gonna put them ahead of OU till OU can knock them off. It's close though. I would nearly put TCU and OU tied at #2.
3. OU, I expect OU to be #1 by the end of the season. But OU needs to do it on the field first.
4. West Virginia, may have to go with these guys ahead of OSU for reasons below....
5. Okie State, lets face it....the Pokes were a bad call and fumbled punt from losing to Texas.
6. Kansas State, never know about Snyder. Hell KSU could be several spots higher before the season is over
7. Texas Tech, almost put these guys ahead of KSU, but I think Snyders gameplanning and defense will beat them.
8. Iowa State, bad
9. Texas, badder
10. Kansas. baddest

1) TCU...they have had scores of injuries, etc. and have been able to carry forward. To me they are a legit #2 in Polls.

2) Sooners... have actually played two teams with defense (something Baylor has not done) and have put out some fires.

3) Baylor...tons of offense and a semi soft defense. Lets see who they have played. SMU...Lamar...Rice...Taco Tech. Give me a break. Let's see how their exoskeleton is after they actually start getting beat up by defenses that will be gunning for them. Briles is a class A jerkoff.

4) West Virginia....they have talent and seem very capable of beating several on their remaining plate. Key for them will be turnovers...creating opportunities and short fields.

5) OSU...barely ahead of K-State but not a deep team. They have a few shining stars on D side.

6) K-State...anyone for QB...anyone?? They are a shell of past teams of the past 5 years...on both sides of the ball. I have watched them a lot and they are uncharacteristically sloppy this year. Closing in on Bill's Retirement #2.

7) Taco Tech....loads of offense but quite wobbly on defense. That will be their downfall. Mahomes being dinged up won't help.

8) Texas....enough said for these lowest 3. Shorthorns are running through the night ablaze with kerosene on their jerseys and hair on fire. Special Teams is beyond lame.

9) Iowa State....in a usual spot towards the basement.

10) KU...they are the dirt on the basement floor. Likely will not win a Big 12 game (once again).

I'm surprised that so many have Tech ranked 6 or 7. They're playing really, despite the blowout loss to Baylor, but I'd put them at #4. They may collapse as the season progresses, which they've been known to do, but Kingsbury seems to have turned a corner as a coach and they may be better than what they've been in the past. Here's how I'd rank them today:

Baylor
TCU, OU - tie for 2nd
Tech
WVU
OSU
KSU
texass
ISU
KU

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT