ADVERTISEMENT

Prime Time CU blows 29-0 Halftime Lead

Sanders has obviously adopted the LR approach to football games: just out score the opponent; but sadly that formula doesn’t work out in the end (we still feel the sting of the GA game). I think Deion has been shut down for the time being, Stanford “was” the doormat of the PAC 10.

I was getting a little bit frustrated at seeing all the hype after Buffs going 3-0. ESPN hyped and hyped about their man Prime Time and his program. I was sure there would be a day of reckoning and here it was with lowly Stanford. And their schedule for the rest of the season is murder. They will be lucky to finish .500.

I think Coach of the Year is likely for someone else now, but don't underestimate Deion. The biggest factor is how will this affect recruiting, because that is where he really excels. All of this first month praising of the staff he put together may still be true. And they DO have some studs, with the likelihood that more are on the way. They were just so decimated on both sides of the ball before he took over, and then weeded out. But he brought a few with him, including his some and some of the other best players and recruits from Jackson State.

He is going to appeal to many recruits still. If he bulks up on the D side as well, they might be really good in a year or two. Remember how bad we were a year ago. As teams now have on tape what they're going to see on Saturday (and occasionally Friday night), now this glorious staff will have to really coach. We'll find out over the next 15 or 16 months just how well they can do that.

One thing he has shown, is how much three or four major studs can make an offense look great.. At times. But a football season, has always been a marathon, not a sprint. Last night, CU found out that it even applies to an individual game.

I think as of right now for coach of the year is a toss up. Brent, Brohm, Brown and the Seminole coach. Neon fell far back weeks ago imo.

Reactions: iasooner2000
On his post game interview, he threw his team under the bus. Especially his safeties. He did say that he had a great qb though.

Reactions: OUSOONER67
I think Coach of the Year is likely for someone else now, but don't underestimate Deion. The biggest factor is how will this affect recruiting, because that is where he really excels. All of this first month praising of the staff he put together may still be true. And they DO have some studs, with the likelihood that more are on the way. They were just so decimated on both sides of the ball before he took over, and then weeded out. But he brought a few with him, including his some and some of the other best players and recruits from Jackson State.

He is going to appeal to many recruits still. If he bulks up on the D side as well, they might be really good in a year or two. Remember how bad we were a year ago. As teams now have on tape what they're going to see on Saturday (and occasionally Friday night), now this glorious staff will have to really coach. We'll find out over the next 15 or 16 months just how well they can do that.

One thing he has shown, is how much three or four major studs can make an offense look great.. At times. But a football season, has always been a marathon, not a sprint. Last night, CU found out that it even applies to an individual game.

He's DEFINITELY not the coach of the year!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT