ADVERTISEMENT

Post your OU Cincinnati Prognostications

OU 31 - 10

Cincinnati barely beat a Miami, OH team that got whipped by the real Miami 38-3.
I know that's a Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc Fallacy, especially in football, but I still like to use them. Therefore, I see a similar score to the Miami/Miami game.

Sooners 38 Bearcats 20

This is probably a wise choice. I just saw the spread is 14 points. Those bettors really know how to set lines. I know Sooner fans were all up in arms about the SMU game, but I think that was a 15.5 spread, and they sure did get it pretty darn close at 28-11 (17 points).

"Cincinnati has only been a home underdog two times since 2018."

OU 31 - 10

Cincinnati barely beat a Miami, OH team that got whipped by the real Miami 38-3.
I know that's a Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc Fallacy, especially in football, but I still like to use them. Therefore, I see a similar score to the Miami/Miami game.
JCon Cincy lost to Miami-Oh in OT but I think this game will be closer than most think. OU 35-17.

I looked at the Cinn Miami Oh stats earlier and I am not sure how Cinn lost that game, outgained Miami by almost 200 yds, TOP was very lopsided and Cinn ran 91 plays to Miami's 49. Both had 2 turnovers a piece so Cinn may have had one that cost them the game in OT not sure. Maybe they were looking past Miami toward OU. At any rate it shouldn't be a very close game but at this point in the season its hard to say who is good and who isn't.
Saw where McCollough will be back so thats good news.

I looked at the Cinn Miami Oh stats earlier and I am not sure how Cinn lost that game, outgained Miami by almost 200 yds, TOP was very lopsided and Cinn ran 91 plays to Miami's 49. Both had 2 turnovers a piece so Cinn may have had one that cost them the game in OT not sure. Maybe they were looking past Miami toward OU. At any rate it shouldn't be a very close game but at this point in the season it’s hard to say who is good and who isn't.
Saw where McCollough will be back so thats good news.
Right here:

Reactions: OUSOONER67
I think we will try and workout the Oline issues running the ball but i think we will open up with some deeper shots. So a lower scoring game

OU -38
Cinni - 13

Don't go getting the big head guys, still early in the Season. Stay hungry, keep improving and I think they will.

Why Oklahoma's D-Line Feels 'There's Not a Lot of People in America Better Than Us'​

https://www.si.com/college/oklahoma...not-a-lot-of-people-in-america-better-than-us
I’m glad the DL is feeling good about themselves but I wouldn’t be putting this out there for opponents to read. Frankly, who have we played that has a great OL? We may not be challenged until Texas.

I think Cincinnati is ahead of 3 of the original B12 + Houston. For that reason, I'm going with 45-20. BOOMER!

I’m glad the DL is feeling good about themselves but I wouldn’t be putting this out there for opponents to read. Frankly, who have we played that has a great OL? We may not be challenged until Texas.

Yeah I wish they would just play football and improve week to week. Save the patting yourself on the backs until you prove it. Too much football left to say such things imo.
Just play, get better and the accolades will come. Talking like that they better be a top 10 defense and win the Conference Title and a Big Bowl game. Until then it doesn't mean much its just talk.

Yeah I wish they would just play football and improve week to week. Save the patting yourself on the backs until you prove it. Too much football left to say such things imo.
Just play, get better and the accolades will come. Talking like that they better be a top 10 defense and win the Conference Title and a Big Bowl game. Until then it doesn't mean much its just talk.
Looks good so far my man. 😁

Reactions: K2C Sooner
I am going the conservative route on my pick. Not that I cannot see bigger things from the offense. The first real road game with a jammed stadium (Cinci’s first Big 12 game), and a strong Cinci DL could disrupt our fly high offense quite a bit. 39-20 Sooners oh Saturday.

I’m glad Columbia Mizzou will be the farthest North OU will have to go to play in mid to late November, after this season is over.

Meanwhile in October 2020.... ;)

ElXyMLjXYAEvbi2

• Wow
Reactions: iasooner2000
I do think we see the defense have a little trouble early with a good running team with a mobile QB. Probably take the offense a few series to settle in as well.

OU - 33
UC - 20

Apologies, I (mistakenly) thought we always played the 2nd Saturday in October at the old Cotton Bowl
It's all about when the State Fair of Texas begins. I remember on time when we actually played the third week, and there were maybe more. But the state fair beginning has more impact than which week it is I believe.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT