ADVERTISEMENT

Pledger transferring out...

Pledger hasn't done much to deserve more touches. He was someone that I thought would be a great back when he signed, just hasn't panned out.

He had his chance this season. If he could not move up to RB1 this year at OU, he never was going to. He knows it. And regarding Sermon and his magical day on this past Saturday, does anyone really think he could have run for that many yards with OU's offensive line blocking? I don't. OU has struggled big time running the ball this year.

I think we'll see the portal being heavy for QB & RB. Each of these postions can really only play one person at a time. OL, DL, WR, DB, LB all have multiple players on thefield... not so w/ QB & RB.

Pledger hasn't done much to deserve more touches. He was someone that I thought would be a great back when he signed, just hasn't panned out.
Pledger carried 22 times for 131 yards and two touchdowns against Texas in a 53-45 overtime win. He was a big factor in OU's win.
The next week he carried 22 times for 122 yards and a touchdown against TCU.
In the nine games he played in, Pledger ran for 451 yards on 95 carries for a 4.7 yards/carry average.
From the TCU game on, I never saw Pledger get the same level of blocking the rest of the season. He ran for 36 yards in 7 carries and a touchdown vs Kansas and 6 carries for 38 yards vs Baylor later in the season.
I think he "deserved" better blocking after October 24.
He never was going to be a work horse back or the team's best back, but he made his mark on the 2020 season.

He may think he’s gonna be like Trey Sermon and be a star at another program.
Unfortunately he is not the caliber of player Trey Sermon is right now.

Reactions: runningback43
As in Star Wars, “I have a bad feeling about this”. It’s only going to be relieved if/when we have some extraordinary changes with the new Conference/TV/Bowl structure alignments in the near future

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT