ADVERTISEMENT

Please Think About Helping a Couple Former Sooners....

Uncle Mo

Sooner signee
Apr 5, 2002
Forgive the length of this....

There are a couple of Former Sooners who could use some help, Corey Wilson and Moe Dampeer.

First, Corey:

As most of you will remember, Corey was seriously injured in a car accident in February 2009. I got to know Corey a bit when he was at OU and he was always kind and respectful to me and seemed like a Good Man. This Friday at 7pm at the Norman North Gym some former players will be playing a Benefit Game for Corey's "Find-a-Way" Foundation. I would screw up posting the link but I dare you to find Corey's Senior Day and not tear up a bit. Admission is $10 for adults and $5 for children under 12. Among the former players who will be playing in the game are Donald Stevenson of the Chiefs, Frank Alexander of the Panthers, Juaquin Iglesias, Manny Johnson and Marcus Walker. Know Marcus VERY well and he is a GREAT guy who just joined the OU Staff as the Defensive GA.

Second, Big Moe:

Yes, Moe wasn't able to/didn't get all he could out of his abilities while at OU. I knew most of his DLine mates from those teams and, as frustrated as they could get with him, they Love the guy. For you Jackie Shipp haters (looking at you Rom) Moe and Jackie once got in a disagreement which ended with Moe getting Jackie in a head lock and spinning him round and round. I got to know Moe a bit, too. He was also always kind and respectful to me and was just a Big Ol' Teddy Bear. If you don't remember Moe, go to youtube and enter "Moe Dampeer Dancing". It is Moe being Moe at the Sugar Bowl against LSU. Also, I tried to find it on youtube but couldn't find it, but try and find a video of Moe returning a fumble against KU. You will laugh. Hard.

Moe, sadly, has kidney disease and has to have dialysis on a daily basis. As you can imagine, the medical costs are high. Moe has a Go Fund Me account to help with those costs. Again, I will screw up the link but you can find it at gofundme.com/moedampeer.

If you are in Norman Friday looking for something to do please consider going by and supporting Corey. If you could throw a little something Moe's way (the cost of your favorite six pack or a couple of items from Starbucks) it would do a decent man some good.

I will be at the game Friday and am kicking in $100 to Moe after making this post.

Again, sorry for the link and thanks for your patience in reading it.

Everyone take care of yourselves, Uncle Mo

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.