ADVERTISEMENT

play-offs

Strongly disagree. Finishing with wins against 2 top 5 and a top 15 team, a Heisman candidate at QB, and a chance for the nation to see in Primetime that they are one of the best teams in the country, will do it. Will be surprised if one or two of the current top 4 don't lose though, so it won't matter.

One can't assume the teams they beat will stay in the top 5. Baylor schedule was a joke before they played you guys and now their starting QB is out. They could easily drop another game. Oklahoma State has played no one but TCU. They could easily lose two games.

The biggest problem for Oklahoma is you guys laid an egg against Texas.

Reactions: WhyNotaSooner
Come on guys, man up a bit. It's an easy cop out saying that ND is just 'getting the love'. They're a formidable team and their only loss is to the #1 ranked team. OU lost to Texas. This year, that's like lossing to Iowa St in years past, but for they are a rival. I really want to get to the playoffs because this team has grown and is playing as well as anyone right now. But it has to be earned. My hope is that others falter.

Yeah, ND always gets the love. One you couldn't prove where, "ND always gets the love." Your probable response is something like, "Well in 2012, Alabama kicked your ass." Hey, well good try, BCS put ND in the National Championship.

It's funny people bring up independence, yet never mention the other schools. Oh, yeah, dude you guys don't have have a conference championship either. You're basically.....wait for it, independent!

Use. Common. Sense.

You actually couldn't be more wrong with the term "Independent". ND is a Independent school based on the fact that they have no conference affiliation whereas the B12 plays every one in our conference. So yes the B12 is far from being an independent and the B12 championship is determined by a round robin schedule and not a CCG based on who wins what division. Maybe that is just to hard for your brain to rationalize the difference between winning a conference championship and an independent schedule.

In your earlier thread you wanted to point out that you have a stronger schedule but outside of Clemson the Irish got lucky that Temple and Navy are having on of those seasons. We all know ND didn't schedule them because they knew that but more like to ensure some victories. Yes the Irish are likely to get the nod over OU due to the Texas loss but your closing schedule is nothing compared to what OU has. So in the end your schedule isn't going to outweigh OU's at all like you seem to think.

Join and conference and then you might actually understand the difference between a conference and a independence. Doubt your capable of understanding it though.

Come on guys, man up a bit. It's an easy cop out saying that ND is just 'getting the love'. They're a formidable team and their only loss is to the #1 ranked team. OU lost to Texas. This year, that's like lossing to Iowa St in years past, but for they are a rival. I really want to get to the playoffs because this team has grown and is playing as well as anyone right now. But it has to be earned. My hope is that others falter.

I agree with all you said WNAS. With that being said though I wonder how quickly most Domer's though process will change if North Carolina beats Clemson at seasons end in the ACC CG and finish 12-1. Logic would say they beat the team that beat ND lost to so they should be ahead of the Irish in the final poll. After all most Domer's are using the Texas argument to separate OU and ND so the same should be applied to the comparison of who one team beat while the other team lost to in separating them.

However we know the argument then for ND fans will turn to "Well they lost to South Carolina" so it should be all about who has the worse loss and comparing the Clemson result should be a part of the equation. In our situation ND fans in general are using the Texas situation to make their argument but that argument will change as I said if NC beats Clemson and finishes 12-1.

UNC isn't beating Clemson. I mean it's wishful thinking that would turn everything on end, but the tarheels don't have the horsepower. Clemson is mighty powerful.

UNC isn't beating Clemson. I mean it's wishful thinking that would turn everything on end, but the tarheels don't have the horsepower. Clemson is mighty powerful.

I agree that the possibilities are slim but they were discussing this very thing today on the CFD show on ESPN. If that happens then they will have an argument over the Irish.

Reactions: LongTimeSooner
Sooners win out they will be in the playoffs. Better schedule than MD and OU will possess a conference championship.

One can't assume the teams they beat will stay in the top 5. Baylor schedule was a joke before they played you guys and now their starting QB is out. They could easily drop another game. Oklahoma State has played no one but TCU. They could easily lose two games.

The biggest problem for Oklahoma is you guys laid an egg against Texas.

Didn't say they'd stay in the top 5. The biggest "problem" for OU is winning the last two games. They do that, things should take care of themselves.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT