ADVERTISEMENT

Perine out 2-3 weeks per Stoops...

Damn it to hell! We really need him, especially down the stretch when OU plays Baylor, WVU and OSU. Not that it matters to Samaje, but how does missing three games affect his ability to pass Billy Sims as OU's all-time leading rusher?

So basically, if Mixon goes down, we become one dimensional and suffer another loss?

OU has two middle school defenses in TT & KU coming up. Adams and Flowers can fill in for a few games... Gundy recruited a pretty good stable of backs in the past few years, although any new injury could be costly.

IMO, Mixon is not as consistent a chain mover as Perine is. That will make the offense inconsistent on short yardage. That is likely the reason Flowers might get some carries.

Abdul Adams and Joe Mixon are good enough to absorb Perine's loss in the next two games (vs Tech and Kansas). Baylor ran through its annual drag queen OOC schedule, beat OSU at home, barely escaped losing to Iowa State and dry humped Kansas last week so I believe OU can win its game.....at home....against Baylor.

Abdul Adams and Joe Mixon are good enough to absorb Perine's loss in the next two games (vs Tech and Kansas). Baylor ran through its annual drag queen OOC schedule, beat OSU at home, barely escaped losing to Iowa State and dry humped Kansas last week so I believe OU can win its game.....at home....against Baylor.

Reactions: JConXtsy
This. Perine will be ready for the actual challenges on the schedule. He doesn't need weeks of prep time to perform.

This so disappointing man... I was really looking forward to watching him run against that TT defense. He might have set a world record for a single-game rushing total! :)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT