ADVERTISEMENT

Pay Day...$terling $hepard...

It won't go as far in New York, but it will still be a great opportunity for Sterling.I just hope he listens to Ryan Broyles a little and stores enough away, that no matter what happens, he'll be solid financially for the rest of his life. If he hits it big, the endorsement opportunities will be there.

Except for Cedrick Jones, I don't remember an OU player who had a substantial career with the Giants. It can be quite a perk as a NY athlete.

I can't recall any Oklahoma player making any kind of mark for ether NY team, Jets or Giants.
Looney, Condren, Files never had solid careers with the Giants and McAdams, outside of getting a Super Bowl ring, could not establish himself with the Jets.
Shepard, however, comes to the Giants with better credentials and a solid work ethic. Barring injury, he should have a good pro career. I had hoped he would go to the Giants or at least the Texans and not Dallas, Washington or New England.

It won't go as far in New York, but it will still be a great opportunity for Sterling.I just hope he listens to Ryan Broyles a little and stores enough away, that no matter what happens, he'll be solid financially for the rest of his life. If he hits it big, the endorsement opportunities will be there.

Except for Cedrick Jones, I don't remember an OU player who had a substantial career with the Giants. It can be quite a perk as a NY athlete.
Less money and per Mayor de Blasio "no Chick-fil-A for you". No chicken - that could be a script for a Seinfeld episode.

I think he might be a starter before the 2016 season ends. With Cruz always having injury issues, all Shep needs is to learn the play book and get comfortable w/ his surroundings and new QB. I think he'll be the Ying to O'dell's Yang.

Reactions: Senior Sooner
I think he might be a starter before the 2016 season ends. With Cruz always having injury issues, all Shep needs is to learn the play book and get comfortable w/ his surroundings and new QB. I think he'll be the Ying to O'dell's Yang.

Receiver is one of the hardest positions to break into in the NFL (aside from QB). Even the elites don't start making their marks until about year 3.

Receiver is one of the hardest positions to break into in the NFL (aside from QB). Even the elites don't start making their marks until about year 3.

I agree to some extent. But with the CFB games going in full throttle wi the passing game, some of the WRs in the last few drafts have excelled much faster. O'Dell being one of them. The guy last year in Houston I think started day one. My point is, not all WRs, but some are seeing starting time much earlier than years past.

Reactions: JConXtsy
I can't remember which game last year, but the one where they PBP guy said he hadn't dropped a pass all year, was the one when the first one came shortly after. But the key point is that he doesn't drop many.

I can't recall any Oklahoma player making any kind of mark for ether NY team, Jets or Giants.

How about Jim Thorpe for the Giants? (Only slightly before any of us were born.)
Also, Darrol Ray for Jets.
Can't think of others at the moment.

Carl McAdams was one of the three or four greatest linebackers in history at OU and would have been great for the Jets but he ruptured his achilles slipping on a curb in NYC and, after a year or two of recovery, had lost speed and finally returned as a DT for the Jets. Never did much at that position, but at draft time was considered on the same level as UT's Tommy Nobis.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT