ADVERTISEMENT

Pay board

Most on this board have shown the ability to change for the better at one time or another. You and Yankees have not.
Can't agree with you here fort. Several who make it their mission to spew hatred at those two really haven't evolved into better people either. Now I can think of a couple of posters who have either changed for the better or simply don't engage with yankee and bw at all. But there are several who have gone the opposite direction and have seemingly increased the level and amount of hatred aimed them....and occasionally myself.

Come on guys have some willpower. I've read every post and I have no trouble reading and ignoring posters. I enjoy foolish behavior as long as long as I don't participate. They will never change you might as well be talking to Scholz. A waste of your time and energy give it up. You can't out ego these guys. Honestly a person debating
With a fool is a fool. Let them have a threesome.
Whatever you do I'll be reading everyone's post. Mike I thought you met Yankee at one of those tailgates for a game?

No haven't met him.

I've stayed out of the mud here but all I'm gonna say is whomever is without sin cast the first stone.

Any normal person can read this board the last few weeks and tell that everyone is trying to gang up and run BW,Yankee and BR off this board. Isn't this board to discuss OU football and you are allowed to post your opinions? I think it is great and your right to debate and come back and argue your points, defend coaches etc. and say that you disagree with them but when it comes to cursing them out, threatening them personally by calling them out to meet in person to "debate" them face to face (inferring you want to fight to show how big you are) is childish and you should immediately ban yourself from the board and do an internal look in the mirror check. You've got problems. I have never seen those 3 guys ever curse out anybody on this board when they have had every right to do so many times on this board.

Are any of you guys on the OU coaching staff? If not your opinion means the same as the other 85,000+ that attend the games nothing.

Mike can BW, Yankee and BR cuss out and threaten all their accusers the way they have been treated here for years and especially the last few weeks without getting banned? I don't think so. I think there is a double standard going on here on this board.

And I say all of this in regards to I don't always agree with their opinions but I don't feel the need to threaten and curse them out personally over OU football opinions. Why not debate civilly? Can this not be done? I'm sure I will now be attacked because I said my opinion on the matter but who cares and I will never curse anybody out or want them to come to O'Connells and threaten with a "debate" face to face. I mean sometimes I agree with Plaino, Tulsan, Tic Toc, bcsooner etc. but many times I'm on the other side too. I just wish all opinions were welcome here without the "Personal" verbal abuse. Why would anyone think that their opinion means more than anyone else's? Newsflash: Your opinion means nothing just like the rest of us.

Boomer Sooner

Thank you gotrings. Although I've been guilty of stirring the pot and going back and forth far too long into a topic not once have I cussed at a poster, threatened a poster and I certainly haven't went with a " I'll pay for a subscription if you leave" type proposal. Too many guys here think they are above the rules put forth by rivals and have basically adopted the approach as " I'm going to say and do what I want and if u don't like it that's tough "....I guess the only way to stop this is to notify josh. Of course not for trash talking and disagreeing, but when its to the point one poster is responding with " give me your address " then its crossing the line. This will be viewed as being a tattle tale but at this point what else will work?

Can't agree with you here fort. Several who make it their mission to spew hatred at those two really haven't evolved into better people either. Now I can think of a couple of posters who have either changed for the better or simply don't engage with yankee and bw at all. But there are several who have gone the opposite direction and have seemingly increased the level and amount of hatred aimed them....and occasionally myself.
BR, the initial point of my post was in general terms. Your response was to a specific situation. They're not the same. But, I do get your point and appreciate it.

Your expressed specific situation, however, won't change - except for the worse - until someone decides to become the peacemaker thereby establishing a positive domino effect. It could happen but I see no overtures being made on either side at the present. Hope it happens.

The bullying and the abuse has to stop. Some folks are too intent on seeing this board crash and burn. No doubt, they won't see it that way.

Boomer Sooner

Thank you gotrings. Although I've been guilty of stirring the pot and going back and forth far too long into a topic not once have I cussed at a poster, threatened a poster and I certainly haven't went with a " I'll pay for a subscription if you leave" type proposal. Too many guys here think they are above the rules put forth by rivals and have basically adopted the approach as " I'm going to say and do what I want and if u don't like it that's tough "....I guess the only way to stop this is to notify josh. Of course not for trash talking and disagreeing, but when its to the point one poster is responding with " give me your address " then its crossing the line. This will be viewed as being a tattle tale but at this point what else will work?

What will work is for you to stop engaging them. And let them hang them selves, you can and won't and never will. And what makes you look bad is when you engage stir the hornets nest then go cry foul to Josh because folks are being mean to you. Dude when you engage with someone you're just as guilty why can't you understand that? Do what you must, but you be rest assured Josh will know the entire story. You don't need Josh if you would just take some good advice that's been given you.

What will work is for you to stop engaging them. And let them hang them selves, you can and won't and never will. And what makes you look bad is when you engage stir the hornets nest then go cry foul to Josh because folks are being mean to you. Dude when you engage with someone you're just as guilty why can't you understand that? Do what you must, but you be rest assured Josh will know the entire story. You don't need Josh if you would just take some good advice that's been given you.

Mike, I understand that maybe Yankee stirs the hornets nest up sometimes but don't we all? It should never warrant being cursed out or being threatened to come fight over opinions on a message board. That is all I'm saying. It sounds like you are condoning the actions on this board that are against board rules because of someone stirring the pot. I still don't think that is justifiable for cursing and threatening. This is against the board rules or at least it used to be?

Because folks are mean to me? Lol. Mike in reality I've only emailed josh twice in my history on the board. Both times it was when personal info was being released about my family. One of those instances YOU were joining in and the sad part is you were a mod at the time. Was it not your job to control that situation? And as a moderator to control this one now? If you aren't going to do it, who will? You stated yourself that if it doesn't end none of us will have the board to post on. Quit making it sound like I contact josh on a regular basis....by all means ask him. Mike they cross the line, I don't. Control them and in return I will show the same respect

Reactions: BillyRay
BR, the initial point of my post was in general terms. Your response was to a specific situation. They're not the same. But, I do get your point and appreciate it.

Your expressed specific situation, however, won't change - except for the worse - until someone decides to become the peacemaker thereby establishing a positive domino effect. It could happen but I see no overtures being made on either side at the present. Hope it happens.

The bullying and the abuse has to stop. Some folks are too intent on seeing this board crash and burn. No doubt, they won't see it that way.

Boomer Sooner
I see what you mean. Peacemaker overtures sound good in theory, but it's been tried before. There have been countless olive branch type threads in the past that were to no avail.
As to my own specific situation, I'm really not overly concerned about it. All I can do is post what i think. If people don't like it, then that's on them, not me. I can't worry about going thru life trying to make everyone happy. Because it's impossible.
I'm the type of person that gets along with damn near everyone. But every person on this planet will come across people that they just don't mesh with. I'm no different. And this board is no different.
In the end you just have to be yourself. People will either like you or not. But that's up to them. Not me. It's funny cuz I can post on the pay board, or several other message boards I frequent, and I have no issue whatsoever getting along with other posters. It's only HERE that I have an issue. So I know it's not me. I'm not going to worry about changing myself just because of a handful of posters on one message board.

Exactly billyray...I also frequent other message boards and have no issues. Barking post on James hales board and has zero problems... Isn't that just a tad bit weird? Lol. Perhaps WE aren't the majority of the problem.

Most on this board have shown the ability to change for the better at one time or another. You and Yankees have not. You two remain a constant in the problem. If you change for the better, I bet you'll see the same in others.

As I predicted (and it was not too difficult), the venom is increasing daily. Open your eyes.

In your mind, you can convince and deceive yourselves into believing that you are winning the personal battle. But, everyone else sees you are losing the war and badly.

Boomer Sooner
Again, you are clueless fw. Are you totally oblivious to all these guys that curse and name call pretty much every single day? And you think I'm the problem? Give me a break

Mike, I understand that maybe Yankee stirs the hornets nest up sometimes but don't we all? It should never warrant being cursed out or being threatened to come fight over opinions on a message board. That is all I'm saying. It sounds like you are condoning the actions on this board that are against board rules because of someone stirring the pot. I still don't think that is justifiable for cursing and threatening. This is against the board rules or at least it used to be?

I'm not condoning anything, I know full well these two gentleman are not the only ones slinging mud. But I also know they instigate the mud slinging.......example calling posters liars accusing posters of being drunk while posting ect.... I could name several other remarks that are personal attacks as well. Does two wrongs make a right? Absolutely not. My proposal to BW and Yankees is for them to look the other way, use the ignore button and just not engage folks they can not get along with. Stay out of threads that are going to stir the pot. Post threads they want to discuss. Fortworth, has given great advice on several occasions and they will even argue about the fee good advice they received. I think this thing is going to blow up and any participants that engage in the arguments will get the axe by Josh. At this rate I see 4 maybe 5 posters that will not make it to seasons end.

But mike there is a difference....that certain poster was lying lol. I even asked numerous times for examples, comments, etc. And he either disappeared or resorted to name calling a day later. I've stated many times I could care less if someone has a different opinions, heck that's what message boards are for. However I won't let a poster out right lie on me.

Let me ask you this mike. Say barking, myself or whoever else you feel is attacked by a certain group of posters offers the olive branch. What if we remain civil and respectful, are you going to ban these guys if they cross the line? If so I'll do it.

Starting to get the picture fortworth?

I'm not sure I can name a single poster who hasn't had something critical or "negative" to say about a coach, player, or the program as a whole. Yet there are only two who receive backlash when it happens. There's a reason behind this. Anybody care to speculate on the 'why'?

You have it all wrong Yankees. My goal is not to protect you, it's to protect the integrity and the quality of this board. You're an adult along with the others and presumably are capable of making adult decisions.

If you will be smart and reasonable and protect yourself, the board will then be protected. But, with your "US" vs. "THEM" mentality, nothing healthy will ensue.

You came back on board here with a great deal of negative baggage. To be respected, YOU bear the greater responsibility in bringing about change for the better. Call it "crap" all you want but you - fairly or not in your eyes - remain the catalyst to effective change.

How can you expect others to change when you are not willing to make the effort yourself? Cue the quote about change and insanity. Your mind appears to be closed shut. With that attitude, what result do you expect? All this negativity breeds even greater negativity and diminishes the intent of this outstanding forum.

Its never been your opinion that I find fault with. It's your need for wanting the final word in an already losing cause that culminates in abuse. No, it is not one-sided and I've said as much before. It's the ensuing chaos and mayhem that's hurting this board.

You will not receive the respectability of which you seek because you are not willing to give it. Respect requires humility and compassion. You have yet to show either. Your prolonging of an argument beyond reason has always been part of your downfall. It's not really the others you like to assert. If you would just take the high road and some personal responsibility for your actions, you would see all the change you want.

Your wanting others to change before you do is folly at its best.

Boomer Sooner
F
I'm not condoning anything, I know full well these two gentleman are not the only ones slinging mud. But I also know they instigate the mud slinging.......example calling posters liars accusing posters of being drunk while posting ect.... I could name several other remarks that are personal attacks as well. Does two wrongs make a right? Absolutely not. My proposal to BW and Yankees is for them to look the other way, use the ignore button and just not engage folks they can not get along with. Stay out of threads that are going to stir the pot. Post threads they want to discuss. Fortworth, has given great advice on several occasions and they will even argue about the fee good advice they received. I think this thing is going to blow up and any participants that engage in the arguments will get the axe by Josh. At this rate I see 4 maybe 5 posters that will not make it to seasons end.
Ummm Mike did you happen to notice the things Fitty was posting when he was accused of posting drunk? You don't have a problem with the things he was saying? I agree with Yankee, I'll throw out an olive branch if you promise to ban those that are breaking the board rules by cursing and personally attacking others.

I am not taking sides, but the use of vulgar language in that thread was uncalled for. Fitty wasn't the only person that used what we southerners refer to as "common behavior", which means acting in a vulgar and disrespectful manner. However, his choice of words were absolutely filthy. Yet he was repeatly challenged by those referencing his drinking or drunkeness when no one really knew that was the case....simply to get his reaction.

84786900.jpg

So offering to pay for your subscription to get you to leave is WORSE than cussing or threatening a poster?? Go to Josh???? THIS is exactly why many think you're a whiney, sniveling Jr High girl. Not me of course, but I can see why the majority here feel this way about you.

Two can play your little "game". Grow up, be a man, and take responsibility for your actions, it's not your entitlement to get a pass for being a jerk all the time. Sending emails to GR and others to try and garner support when you're grossly outnumbered is transparent and childish. But it is your MO.

Reactions: Soonersincefitty

She's a witch!! Burn her!! Love Monty Python. Lord this is fun!!

I'm not sure I can name a single poster who hasn't had something critical or "negative" to say about a coach, player, or the program as a whole. Yet there are only two who receive backlash when it happens. There's a reason behind this. Anybody care to speculate on the 'why'?

It's a well orchestrated conspiracy sponsored by the CIA. That's my guess.

Yes...they are...

Last edited:
I see what you mean. Peacemaker overtures sound good in theory, but it's been tried before. There have been countless olive branch type threads in the past that were to no avail.
As to my own specific situation, I'm really not overly concerned about it. All I can do is post what i think. If people don't like it, then that's on them, not me. I can't worry about going thru life trying to make everyone happy. Because it's impossible.
I'm the type of person that gets along with damn near everyone. But every person on this planet will come across people that they just don't mesh with. I'm no different. And this board is no different.
In the end you just have to be yourself. People will either like you or not. But that's up to them. Not me. It's funny cuz I can post on the pay board, or several other message boards I frequent, and I have no issue whatsoever getting along with other posters. It's only HERE that I have an issue. So I know it's not me. I'm not going to worry about changing myself just because of a handful of posters on one message board.

BR...this is a great post. You're my idol. You are Switzerland...with Al Bundy as the Prime Minister!!

Is every single topic going to devolve into this from now on? I'm guessing most that read this board could give two shits about this ongoing quarrel between the same 5 or 6 people and would just be happy if people could talk football without challenging each other to online fisticuffs. Oh and Thunder up bitches.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT